Last month (August 2016), TVS Motor Company successfully completed the Season 2 of Himalayan Highs. The special highlight of Season 2 were the 11 women riders who courageously embraced the world’s highest motorable road of Khardung La on their TVS Scooty Zest 110.
The gang of these gutsy ladies was led by Anam Hashim, the solo rider of Himalayan Highs Season 1.
In this latest event the participants scaled 18,340 feet to reach Khardung La and this feat earned them a mark in India Book of Records as The first group of women riders to conquer Khardung La on a 110 cc scooter.
Out of 50,000 enquiries received from across 29 states and select union territories of India, 10 were chosen for the Himalayan Highs Season 2. We had a chance of having an exclusive interview with each of the 10 women riders and this is what they had to say!
Check out some more articles from the series:
- Riding Off the Road : Some Simple Techniques and Tips to Follow
- Is Age A Bar For Riding? Three Women Riders Share Their Perspectives
- Get on the Road : Riding in the Hills – Techniques and Tips
- Riding Solo in India : A Woman Rider’s Perspective
- Women Riding Groups in India : Triumphs and Tribulations of Our Girls on Two-wheels
- How to buy budget riding gear : A complete guide
- Video : How a Chennai Girl Realized Her Dream of Conquering the Mighty Himalayas
- Get on the Road with Motoroids Chapter 4 : Five Weekend Getaways on a Scooter from Five metro cities of India
- Get on the Road with Motoroids Chapter 3 : Things to do in case of a breakdown
- Get on the Road with Motoroids Chapter 2 : Ride preparations and basic checklist
- Adventure: A young lass on the TVS Scooty Zest 110 VS the mighty Himalayas