The latest manufacturer to announce the revised prices of its CBU products post the Import Duty cut is Honda Motorcycle And Scooter India. Government had slashed the import duty on premium motorcycles brought in through the completely built unit (CBU) route to 50%. Honda has announced a price cut of INR 2 lakh and INR 2.5 lakh on the CBR1000RR and CBR1000RR SP respectively.
The new Honda CBR1000RR will now be sold at INR 14.78 lakh instead of INR 16.79 lakh. The CBR1000RR SP, on the other hand, will now be available for INR 18.68 lakh instead of INR 21.22 lakh.
Other manufacturers to cut prices of their CBU products are:
- Ducati Announces Revised Prices; Panigale R Final Edition Gets Cheaper By INR 8,57,000
- BMW Motorrad Announces Revised Prices After Import Duty Cut
- Harley-Davidson Passes The Benefits Of Revised Import Taxes To Customers
- Indian Motorcycle’s Prices Slashed By Upto INR 3 Lakh
- Yamaha YZF-R1 Gets Cheaper By INR 2.57 Lakh, MT-09 By INR 1.3 Lakh
- New Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa And GSX-R1000R Get Cheaper Post Import Duty Cut
The new 2017 CBR1000RR Fireblade SP, which made its debut at the 2016 EICMA show in Milan, Italy, marks 25 years of the CBR1000RR family. At the heart of the 2017 Honda CBR1000RR is a 999cc in-line four cylinder engine, producing 189 bhp of power at 13,000 rpm and 114 Nm of torque at 11,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to six-speed transmission.