While we’ve already seen a gazillion Yamaha YZF R25 images by now, this recent spy shot we have here marks a departure from the shots that have come our way so far. Seen in this image is a kid, seated on the pillion seat of the upcoming model. Yamaha Indonesia is being said to have distributed many Yamaha R25 production model test mules to its testers, whose job is to use the upcoming model for their daily commutes and provide the manufacturer with the feedback required to fine tune the bike.
The Yamaha YZF R25 release date falls on May 20th and the upcoming model will sit between the R15 and the R6 in the bike maker’s product portfolio. Yamaha YZF R25 launch in India is expected to happen towards the end of this year.
- CLICK HERE for our earlier story on Yamaha R25 release date
- Our Complete Coverage of Yamaha R25
- Why the Yamaha R25 might NOT be worth the wait
Here are some details of the upcoming model —
- The Yamaha R25 India launch is likely to happen towards the end of this year
- The R25 production model doesn’t look too much like the R25 Concept, which is basically a M1 MotoGP contender replica
- Much like the R15, the upcoming bike’s front fairing houses twin front headlights. It also gets a centrally mounted pilot lamp
- The bike doesn’t get USD Forks
- Digital speedometers console with white backlight
- Rear tyre seems to be 130 (or 140) cross-section
- Rear LED taillamp
- Stubby end can
The production spec Yamaha R25 is likely to be powered by a parallel twin 250cc engine that will have a max power of around 34PS. In most international markets, the bike is expected to rival the latest gen Kawasaki Ninja 250. As we said earlier, the bike would sit between the R15 and the R6 in Yamaha’s supersport family, .
Stay tuned to Motoroids India for more Yamaha YZF R25 images and details.
Some more Yamaha YZF R25 Images —