As is a widely known fact, the Yamaha YZF R25 release will happen tomorrow. With the official unveiling of the bike, we would finally get to know all the important details of the highly anticipated Yamaha 250cc motorcycle, which will go on sale in Indonesia shortly. The Yamaha YZF R25 launch in India though, would happen only towards the end of this year/early next year and we will have to wait for few months more, before we get to know the details of the India spec model. However, various spy images and leaked details have already given us a fair idea of the upcoming motorcycle and here we’ve come up with a report that should tell you about what the new bike would be like.
- CLICK HERE for our earlier story on Yamaha YZF R25 release date
- Our Complete Coverage of Yamaha YZF R25
- Why the Yamaha YZF R25 might NOT be worth the wait
Here are some details of the upcoming model —
- The Yamaha YZF R25 doesn’t look too much like the R25 Concept, which is basically a M1 MotoGP contender replica
- Much like the R15, the upcoming bike’s front fairing houses twin front headlights. It also gets a centrally mounted pilot lamp
- The bike doesn’t get USD Forks
- Digital speedometers console with white backlight
- Rear tyre seems to be 130 (or 140) cross-section
- Rear LED taillamp
- Stubby end can
Powering the Yamaha YZF R25 would be a parallel twin 250cc engine that will benefit from liquid cooling and DOHC layout. The engine could have a max power of 34PS and previous spy images have revealed that the motor would have a 14000 rpm redline. However, it is being said that cost sensitive markets like that of India would get a single cylinder 250cc version that will help Yamaha to price the R25 ultra competitively.
Stay tuned to Motoroids India for updates from the Yamaha YZF R25 release tomorrow. Check out our collection of Yamaha R25 spy images –