We’re in Chennai to cover the launch of the TVS Apache RR 310. A brand new, fully-faired flagship from the bike maker which will be their fastest yet. The event is scheduled to start at 11 am and this post will be updated with all the information real time. So keep that F5 button handy.
11:30 AM – Live stream from the event
12:19 PM – Prices start at INR 2,05,000 ( will vary from state to state). Bookings to start shortly and the bike will be available starting at the end of December 2017. TVS Apache RTR 160 will be launched soon.
Engine Type: SI, single cylinder, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, 4 valve
Engine capacity: 312.2cc
Cylinder arrangement: Single
Maximum power: 25 kW @ 9700 engine rpm (34 PS @ 9700 engine rpm)
Maximum torque: 27.3 Nm @ 7700 engine rpm
Bore: 80 mm
Stroke: 62.1 mm
Fuel Injection: Bosch – Closed loop
Bore to stroke ratio: 1.29
Valve per cylinder: 4 valves
Starting: Electric start
Idle speed: 1700 + 200rpm
Ignition: Mapped ignition system
Colours Available: Black and Red
12:01 PM – Bike features reverse inclined cylinder head. Helps the bike to accommodate a longer swingarm and allows better air-flow. TVS promises Best-in-class performance, acceleration for the Apache RR 310.
- Although the bike is rated for a top speed of 160 kph, test mules have recorded speeds higher than that mark.
- ABS is tuned for high-performance braking. Vertical layout of the speedo cluster is because of narrow profile of the front which helps the bike to be aerodynamically efficient
- Comes fitted with Michelin Pilot Street Rubber, 150 section rear
- Features the tricolour on the wind deflector. Bi-LED headlights promise really bright illumination even in harsh weather conditions
- Race-spec 310cc powerplant makes upstream air being used effectively to pass through the air filter with ram effect. This unique design provides a compact engine layout resulting in mass centralization delivering best-in-class Power-to-Weight ratio.
12:14 PM – 34 bhp of peak power kicks in at 9,700 rpm. 8-plate clutch with a 6-speed transmission. Dual channel ABS with rear lift protection.
11:59 AM – Bike has been revealed
11:55 AM – All kinds of Apache owners will get access to a 3-level racing programme and an invite based factory tour programme. The new Apache will also be introduced to the TVS One make championships. New Apache RR cup will be held across South America, Europe and Asia. Winners of each continent will race against each other at some of the best racing tracks across the world.
11:50 AM – O – 60 in 2.93 seconds. Top speed of 160 kph. Drag coefficient of 0.26. Features Ram Air intake.
11:40 AM – The Apache RR 310 is a result of feedback from existing Apache owners who wanted something more powerful and sporty. It will also build strong accessibility towards motorsports. New Apache 310 promises outstanding dynamics, true track performance and sharp styling. Has been tested in the wind tunnel and boasts of the lowest drag Coefficient in the category.
11:33 AM – The Apache brand is in its 10th year now.
11:20 AM – Mr. K N Radhakrishnan, President & CEO of TVS Motor Company takes centre stage. Members of the BMW Motorrad team are also present at the venue.
11:10 AM – The event is underway. A couple images from the venue
10:46 AM –
— Motoroids (@Motoroids_India) December 6, 2017
10 35 AM – The bikes are scheduled to be unwrapped in the next 25 minutes. Stay tuned!