Our friends at Motorbash have posted spy pics of the upcoming Maruti YL1 sedan. The YL1 is basically a SX4 replacement and has been spotted testing on Delhi roads.
The YL1 sedan will be a successor to the not-so-popular SX4 sedan and is likely to hit the dealerships around mid 2014. The YL1 shares its platform with the Ertiga MPV.
The YL1 sedan will be initially launched with the Ertiga’s petrol engine and the 1.3 Litre VGT Multijet turbo diesel engine. However, safely expect the latter to be replaced by the upcoming Suzuki 1.4 litre diesel engine.
The upcoming Maruti SX4 replacement will boast of an exterior styling that will borrow plenty of design cues from the Suzuki Authentics concept. The Authentics made its public debut in Shanghai earlier this year.
We have got to know that the YL1′s interiors would be seen borrowing many bits from both the SX4 and the Ertiga and we expect the car to feature a similar steering wheel and aircon vents. The features list of the YL1 is likely to include 15 inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
In typical Maruti Suzuki fashion, the car will be launched in L, V and Z variants.
Some more details of the YL1 sedan-
- L and V variants will come shod with 185/60R15 spec tires
- Z variant has 195/55 R16 Tires
- Car will get rear A/C vents
- Car will have the same steering wheel that is found in the Ertiga
- Car will also get same audio controls too the same
- Z trim level will come with keyless Entry
- The V and Z will also get electronic folding mirrors
- L spec gets steel rims, V spec variant gets 15 inch alloys and Z spec gets 16 inch alloys
- 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine gets Hydraulic Mounts and Heavy damping for Low NVH levels
- Rear Bench space in the league of Nissan Sunny/Scala.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the upcoming Maruti Suzuki YL1 sedan
Go to next page for more pics of the upcoming Maruti YL1 sedan
Latest spy pics: Motorbash