Live Update- 3.00 pm- 7th January, 2010
Toyota Prius Hybrid has been launched at Auto Expo
Toyota Prius Hybrid has been launched at the Auto Expo today. The prius houses a A 1.8 litre, 2ZR FXE engine and is capable of churning out 136 PS of max power. It is also equipped with Hybrid Synergy Driver, Electrically controlled CVT (Continously Varaible Transmission), Regenarative braking and electronically Shift Lever. Prius Hybird has been priced at Rs. 26.55 lakhs (ex-showroom) Bookings are open from today!
More details and pics coming in just a bit…
Recent Update: Official quote from Toyota’s Global VP about the Etios & more details announced – Updated on 6th Jan at 1:40 pm
Toyota has also announced that the Etios Hatchback will retail for around Rs.4.5-5 lakh and will be powered by a 1200cc petrol engine. The Etios will mark Toyota’s foray into the B+ car segment and will compete against the likes of Hyundai’s i20, VW polo’s and Maruti-Suzuki’s Swift. The Etios sedan will be priced around the Rs.10 lakh mark and will be powered by 1500cc petrol engine. It will compete against the current C segment offerings like Ford’s Fiesta and Honda’s City top name a few.
Toyota Etios Hatchback
Toyota Etios Sedan
Live Update- Toyota unveils Etios concept – Updated on 5th Jan at 10.22 am
The new Toyota Etios sedan and hatchback version have been unveiled in Hall no. 6 at the Auto Expo. The Etios, originally known as the EFC or the Entry Family Car will don a 1.4-litre diesel engine that’s housed in the Yaris and a 1.2 litre or 1.3-litre petrol engine. T, It also has a I-real mobility tool. Toyota will set up a new plant and supplier base where the Etios will go under production. The Etios will be initially available in 10 cities including Mumbai, Cochin, Lucknow, Chandigarh and Ahmedabad by the end of this year.
First official pictures of the 2010 Etios. Stay tuned for more live updates.
The typical smiling high mounted grille of the Etios was specially fitted on the car for India.
Interior pictures of the Toyota Etios
From the inside, the car is more spacious than the Maruti Suzuki Swift. Toyota aims at setting a production volume of 70,000 units in the first year.
Toyota will be unveiling a small sedan created specifically for the Indian market, called the Toyota Etios. It will do a 1.4-litre diesel engine that’s housed in the Yaris and a 1.2 litre or 1.3-litre petrol engine. The Etios, originally known as the EFC or the Entry Family Car would also be launched in a hatchback version. Both these versions will be the prototype while the actual launch would be at least a year away.
Don’t miss the Toyota Etios teaser video below:
Toyota is expected to be present at the 2010 Auto Expo with full force. Toyota has already established itself as a niche player in the market. The badge is greatly valued by the buyers and as a result three of its products, the Innova, the Corolla Altis and the Fortuner are leading the sales charts. Heres what is expected at Toyota’s exhibit gallery.
Toyota Land Cruiser Prado:
One of the eye catchers’s from this booth would be the recently launched 7 seaters Toyota Land Cruiser Prado which houses a 3-litre diesel engine churning out 171 bhp maximum power and 414Nm of torque.
Prius Hybrid Car:
- Price: 25 – 28 lakh (On-Road), CBU import.
- Launch: At the Expo. (confirmed)
- Fuel efficiency: 25 kpl (claimed), 17 kpl (as per testing by reputed international magazines).
- Green credentials: 90 gm/km CO2 (claimed)
- Performance: 0-100 kph – 11.3 sec.
- Vital Statistics:
- 1.8 litre, inline-4 VVTi with Hybrid Synergy Drive, 4-speed automatic gearbox
- Max power: 134 bhp at 5200 rpm,
- Max torque 142 Nm at 4000 rpm.
- Rivals: Toyota Camry, Honda Accord & Skoda Superb.
Watch the official international commercial released of the 2010 Toyota Prius:
Small Car Concept:
- Price: 5 to 7 lakh for the hatchback, 6.5 to 8 lakh for the compact sedan. (On Road)
- Launch: December 2010. (confirmed)
- Vital Statistics: Stay tuned for the details and photographs of the concept, which will be brought to you live by Motoroids.
- Swift, Ritz, i20, Fabia & Polo (hatch)
- Dzire, Manza, Ikon & Logan (sedan)
Corolla Altis Diesel:
- Price: 15 – 18 lakh (On-Road)
- Launch: Late 2010. (expected)
- Vital Statistics:
- 2.2 litre, D4-D common-rail diesel.
- Power: 148 bhp at 3600 rpm
- Torque: 340 Nm at 2000 rpm
- Rivals: Chevrolet Cruze, Skoda Laura & Volkswagen Jetta
- 7 -9 lakh (hatch)
- 9.5 to 11 lakh (sedan)
- Launch: 2011 (expected)
- Vital Statistics:
- 1 litre, 3-cyl Petrol, 68 bhp at 6000 rpm, 94 Nm at 3600 rpm (for hatch only),
- 1.3-litre VVTi Petrol, 86 bhp at 6000 rpm, 120 Nm at 4200 rpm.
- 1.4 litre Diesel, 89 bhp at 3800 rpm, 205 Nm at 1800 rpm.
- Jazz (hatch)
- City, SX4, Verna, Linea & Fiesta (sedan)