Tata Motors is testing the Bolt hatchback even after officially revealing the car last month. Earlier, we brought you the spy pics of the Tata Bolt when the car was caught testing in Pune. Now, our eagle eyed reader has caught the car in Ooty.
The test mule seen here on this page is apparently a base variant of the new Tata Bolt. This can be confirmed from the absence of the chrome strip above number plate, absence of rear wiper, and steel rims. The car sports a Tamil Nadu state test number plates.
Powering the Tata Bolt Petrol will be a 1.2 liter Revotron turbo petrol engine which churns out 84 bhp (5000 rpm) and 140 Nm of torque (1750-3500 rpm). The diesel Bolt will be powered by the popular 1.3 liter Multijet diesel sourced from Fiat. The petrol motor will come mated to an automated manual transmission (AMT) sourced from Magnetti Marelli, Italy.
The new Tata Bolt will be equipped with new tech features and improvements such as :
- The new audio system features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands.
- The center console features a Harman developed infotainment system.
- The infotainment system can stream maps from phone to its touch screen panel. It can read out messages too.
- The car now comes with an electric power steering in place of the Vista’s hydraulic unit. The EPS system, developed by ZF, is said to improve ease of use and should also bring with it small gains in efficiency.
- It is equipped with projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
The car is expected to be launched by mid-2014.