Tata Motors unveiled the Bolt hatch along with the Zest compact sedan earlier this week before the Auto Expo 2014. Now, our friend and reader Omkar Kulkarni has spotted the car testing in Pune. Its interesting to note that Tata Motors are continuing to test the car under camouflage when the world has seen it already at the Auto Expo 2014.
The new Tata will come loaded with new tech features and improvements such as :
- The new audio system features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands.
- The center console for both cars features a Harman developed infotainment system.
- The Tata Bolt can stream maps from phone to its touch screen panel. It can read out messages too.
- The Tata Bolt now comes with an electric power steering in place of the Vista’s hydraulic unit. The EPS system, developed by ZF, is said to improve ease of use and should also bring with it small gains in efficiency.
- The Tata Bolt is equipped with projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
Powering the Tata Bolt Petrol is Tata’s in-house 1.2 liter Revotron turbo petrol engine with almost 84 bhp (5000 rpm) and 140 Nm of torque (1750-3500 rpm). The diesel Bolt will be powered by the popular 1.3 liter Multijet diesel sourced from Fiat.
Tata Motors says- BOLT– with the name signifying speed, it represents an attitude of winning, and staying ahead. This attitude is embodied in the all-new BOLT in all aspects of design, drive and seamless connect.
The Tata Bolt boasts of a aggressive front styling, sharp front bumper, new grille, and striking headlamps. With the Zest and Bolt, Tata is showcasing their new design language.
The new Tata Bolt will be launched in the first half of this year.