The wait is about to get OVER! The hotly anticipated 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT aka Cafe Racer will be officially launched in India later today and stay tuned for LIVE updates from the launch event. Also commencing shortly is the ‘media ride event’ of the bike and honestly, we just can’t wait to have a rendezvous with the decidedly tasty looking set of wheels!
The new Royal Enfield Continental GT aka Cafe Racer is already on sale in UK and has bagged plenty of rave reviews from auto hacks around the globe. The new Continental GT is the modern day reincarnation of a 250cc cafe racer styled RE that was sold under the same moniker, way back in the 60s.
Here we have compiled all the important details of the 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT-
Fastest production spec RE!
- The Continental GT aka Cafe Racer will soon become the fastest production Royal Enfield in India
- The Conti GT will also be the lightest and the sportiest model in the bike maker’s product portfolio
- The new Royal Enfield Continental GT is powered by an air cooled, fuel injected, single cylinder 535cc engine that has a max power of 29.1 BHP and peak torque of 44 Nm
- The engine comes mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox
Suspension, tires and braking
- The bike has conventional telescopic forks at front and Paioli twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear
- The C-GT rides on 18 inch spoke wheels that come shod with the very sticky Pirelli Sport Demon tires
- Braking is courtesy a 300mm floating Brembo disc brake setup up front and a 240 mm disc brake at the rear
We expect the new 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT India price to be around the INR 2.25 lakhs mark.
Are you excited about the launch of the new Conti-GT? What do you feel about this cafe racer styled RE? Do let us know by commenting below.