Just days before the Diwali festival, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan, has announced the launch of the 2014 variants of Etios and Etios Liva. Although the new variants look almost identical to the previous versions, the new Etios and Etios Liva receive a slew of updates. The driver and passenger side airbags, for example, come as standard for Etios, Etios Liva and Etios Cross across all grades. The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) also comes as standard on all diesel models while, on petrol, it has been equipped from mid variants.
What sets it apart from other cars?
- The vehicles have been well accepted and appreciated for being a value for money product.
- First Toyota vehicle made for Indian customers keeping their specific requirements in mind
- Etios is the only original sedan, which is not a derivative of a hatchback. Its design is made befitting the luxury of a sedan. The non – sloping roof is designed to give large headroom.
- Etios Liva is the only hatchback that was derived from a sedan and thus combines the luxury of a sedan and the practicality of a hatch
- Safety airbags standardised across all grades
- Best in class cabin space – enough leg and shoulder room
- Flat rear floor that ensure comfortable seating of 3 passengers
- Etios comes with the best in class boot space of 595L
QDR – While the new models get new features and styling, what remains unchanged is QDR – Quality Durability and Reliability. The vehicles have been well accepted and appreciated for being value for money products.
- Low cost of maintenance
- Suspension made for Indian roads
- High fuel efficiency
- Unmatched warranty of 3 year or 1 lakh kms
- Express maintenance
- Long life parts
- Transmission oil that does not need replacement for the the life of the vehicle
- Flat rear floor – Comfortable seating for the three passengers in the rear
Speaking on the launch event, N Raja, Senior Vice President & Director (Sales & Marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. said, “We launched Etios in 2010 and since then have been constantly enhancing the product with upgrades, limited editions and variants. The Etios line up over the years has grown and catered to customers with varied demands. The All New Etios with its premium look is designed to provide a true sedan experience. Most of us spend long hours commuting every day. A car seems to be our second home. The All New Etios Liva is aimed at offering the best of comfort and space of a home. We would like to thank our customers for their appreciation and hope to create more customer delight with these latest introductions in the lineup. The new models have been launched to provide product excitement during the festive season.”
Raja further added, “Toyota is constantly working towards developing better technology to provide enhanced safety. With increased accidents and growing concerns over safety, as a first step we have standardized driver and passenger airbags for Etios, Etios Liva and Etios Cross across all grades. We have also seen a growing importance of safety among customers nowadays. The standardization of air bags across grades is to further reinforce this thought and ensure the safety of our customers and their families.”
Here is a list of features that the new Etios and Etios Liva has to offer:
- Premium design front grille
- New electrically adjustable ORVM
- New premium pearl white colour available in Etios
- New wood finish armrest
- Stylish 12spoke alloys
- Sleek chrome door handles
- Premium new seat fabric with height adjustable seats for driver
- Combimeter with new LCD display and digital clock
- 2 new rear speakers in addition to the speakers in front available in Etios
- 2 DIN audio with Bluetooth, USB Aux –in and remote
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Powerful AC with clean air filters
- Cooled glove box
- Best in class cabin space and boot space – 595L
- New Front (Driver + passenger) SRS bags standardized across all grades
- New Reverse parking sensors
- New warning buzzer for seatbelt, door ajar and headlamp
- Etios -1.5l DOHC Petrol engine with 16.78* kmpl mileage
- Etios Liva – 1.2l DOHC Petrol engine with 17.71* kmpl mileage
- Etios and Etios Liva – 1.4l D-4D Diesel engine with 23.59* kmpl mileage
Customers can also buy attractive accessory packages, introduced to add a personal touch and provide a wide choice. The Real Luxury collection for Etios is designed to enhance the premium look and feel of the car. The Décor Collection for Etios Liva is designed to add to the exterior appeal and comfort of Etios Liva.
The Real Luxury collection for Etios
- Tail lamp chrome garnish
- Rear Door – Chrome Garnish
- Wooden Gear Shift Knob
- Headlamp chrome garnish
- Side Mirror Chrome Garnish
- Side wiser Chrome
The Décor Collection for Etios Liva
- Side door visor
- Chrome side door moulding
- Bumper corner protector
- Roof spoiler
- Car cushions
- Steering wheel cover
The new Etios is available in the price range of Rs. 5,74,081 and Rs.7,06,567 (petrol variant ) and Rs. 6,84,081 and Rs. 8,16,567 (diesel variant), ex-showroom Delhi. The Etios Liva, on the other hand, is available in the price range of Rs. 4,76,142 and Rs. 6,57,105 and (petrol variant ) and Rs. 5,94,642 and Rs. 6,95,460 (diesel variant), ex-showroom Delhi.
We feel that this is an ideal time to introduce the new variants of Etios and Etios Liva as many people would be planning to buy a new car during the festive season. However, we feel that Toyota could have put in a little extra effort to add more cosmetic changes. What do you think of the new Toyota Etios and Etios Liva? Share your thoughts and opinions through comments below. Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates from motoring industry.