Land Rover India today launched the new Range Rover Sport at the starting price of INR 109.91 lacs for the 3.0L Diesel SDV6 S variant. The top of the line 5.0 liter V8 SC Petrol Autobiography variant goes all the way up to INR 1.65 crore. The prices are ex-showroom Mumbai. Here’s the official press release detailing all the features and specs of the car, followed by an image gallery.
- The all-new Range Rover Sport is the first vehicle in its segment to feature an advanced all-aluminium body structure
- Engineered for total capability with a number of state of-the-art technologies.
- Enhanced powerful petrol and diesel engines, paired with an advanced 8-speed ZF automatic transmission ®2 System with Auto
- Introduction of ground breaking next generation Terrain Response Setting
- Sophisticated and modern interiors with increased rear seat comfort, offering improved rear legroom (+24mm knee room) and shoulder-room
Mumbai, India, 17th October 2013 – The all-new Range Rover Sport launched today in India is the ultimate premium sports SUV – the fastest, most agile and responsive Land Rover ever. Developed alongside the highly-acclaimed all-new Range Rover, the new Range Rover
Sport now delivers the brand’s best-ever on-road dynamics together with class-leading Land Rover all-terrain capability. The new technology-packed Range Rover Sport presents customers with a more assertive and muscular exterior as well as more luxurious interiors.
RohitSuri, Vice President, Jaguar & Land Rover India, said:
“It gives me great pleasure to launch the all-new Range Rover Sport in India. This premium sports SUV has reached greater heights in design, technology, driving dynamics and interior luxury, which together takes it to another level. The engines with their superior technology, provide better fuel efficiencies while the new exterior lines and class defining interiors will certainly turn heads and add to the comfort and luxury that one expects from Land Rover.
“Land Rover customers desire a brand that reflects their personality, has unrivalled confidence and shows capability with composure. The launch of the all-new Range Rover Sport, reiterates our firm commitment to offer customers and prospects, products that have exceptional design and technology at the core.”
Another level in Performance
The all-new Range Rover Sport delivers another level in performance with two engine variants.
- The responsive and ultra-efficient 3.0-Litre SDV6 Turbodiesel has a power output of 292PS, which is a significant power increase over the previous model (256PS). With 600Nm of torque, this variant delivers outstanding performance along with exceptional efficiency.
- The formidable 510PS 5.0-Litre V8 Supercharged Petrol Engine retains its place at the pinnacle of the all-new Range Rover Sport line-up. With huge reserves of power (510 PS) and Torque (625 Nm), the scale of the performance on offer is reflected in the 0-100 kmph time of 5.3 seconds (faster than the outgoing model), all achieved with supreme refinement and a flat ride.
- Both 3.0L SDV6 Diesel and 5.0L S/C Petrol engines are equipped with optimum power output, high torque and acceleration, thereby increasing engine performance.
Another level in Design
The distinctive design of the all-new Range Rover Sport builds on the core strengths of Range Rover’s Design DNA. Optimised volume and proportions give the vehicle a modern, assertive, powerful and muscular stance. There are new interpretations of the signature clamshell bonnet, floating roof and side fender vents and the eye-catching details in the front lamps, feature the trademark inter-locking circles and distinctive LED signature graphics.
Another level in Dynamic Capability
The all-new Range Rover Sport is the fastest, most agile, most responsive Land Rover ever. It is the first vehicle in its segment with lightweight aluminium construction with its platform being 39% lighter than its predecessor. The latest 8-speed transmission can be operated in full automatic mode via the centre console mounted shifter or by steering wheel paddles placing control at your fingertips. The state-of-the-art lightweight 4 corner air-suspension delivers class leading wheel travel, providing exceptional wheel articulation and variable ride height.
Another level in Vehicle Technologies
- Torque Vectoring system (available as part of an optional pack) uses the braking system to constantly balance the distribution of engine torque between the four wheels during cornering, resulting in improved grip and steering, and a reduced level of understeer.
- Terrain Response 2 Systemwith Auto Setting (available as part of an optional pack): Introduced to the Range Rover Sport for the first time, the next generation Terrain Response® 2 features an automatic setting in which the vehicle monitors the current driving conditions and automatically selects the most suitable terrain program.
- Dynamic Response (available as part of an optional pack): The Dynamic Response active lean control system uses state of-the-art two-channel operation for the first time on Range Rover Sport, enabling independent control of the front and rear axles.
- Adaptive Dynamics: Featuring continuously variable dampers, Adaptive Dynamics provides the optimum balance of ride and control by offering infinitely variable damper settings between soft and firm extremes. The system monitors vehicle movements at least 500 times/second, reacting to driver or road inputs virtually instantaneously to give greater control, minimal body roll and a composed flat ride.
Another level in Interior Luxury
- The interior has a sophisticated and modern appearance, incorporating distinctive Range Rover Sport design cues and providing the driver with a luxurious and sporting cockpit. For the new model, the strong, architectural forms of the design have been enhanced by a cleaner, purer surface treatment, beautifully executed using top quality materials.
- Building on the signature Range Rover Sport interior architecture, the centre piece of the cabin is the bold intersection between the strong horizontal elements of the instrument panel and the vertical lines of the centre stack. The dynamic character of the cockpit is enhanced by the faster angle of the centre stack, with its striking satin chrome pillars which flow from the instrument panel through into the rear cabin and the aluminium accents that flow from the centre console into the fascia.
- The sporting ambience of the interior is also reflected in the smaller diameter, thicker rimmed steering wheel, vertical gear shifter and seats with more generous side bolsters.
- The front and rear seats feature a more sculptured design with enhanced padding to the front and individual seating in the second row. Special attention has been given to providing increased rear seat comfort, offering improved rear legroom (+24mm knee room) and shoulder-room.
Interior storage space has been increased on all models, with a larger glove box, more generous door bins, twin cup holders in the centre console, very large central armrest storage, plus improved cup holders in rear armrests
Next Page for technical specifications and detailed image gallery>>>
Land Rover Range Rover Sport Technical Specifications
3.0L SDV6 Diesel
5.0L V8 S/C Petrol
Max power output
510 @6000 – 6500
Max Torque (Nm @rpm)
625 @2500 – 5500
Acceleration (0-100 kmph)
8-speed ZF automatic
8-speed ZF automatic
3.0L SDV6 Diesel
5.0L V8 S/C Petrol
Fuel tank capacity litres
Top speed (kmph)
Dimensions & Weights
Overall Length (mm)
Width including mirrors (mm)
Maximum height (mm)
Minimum Kerb / Unladen
Weight (kg) 3.0L Diesel
Minimum Kerb / Unladen
Weight (kg) 5.0L Petrol