Nissan India today announced a thoroughly refurbished version of its spacious Evalia MPV with a host of enhancements. Nissan’s 7-seater Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV) will now be available with added convenience features based on customer feedback.
The major updates on Evalia come in the form of sliding Euro windows on the middle row, sliding/reclining captain seats in the middle row and 15-inch alloy wheels in the top of the line XV variant. The 2-din audio system now comes with USB connectivity. Also on offer are rear wiper, rear defogger, anti-glare internal rearview mirror, front row assist grip and glove box lid. A roof mounted 2nd row AC blower will also be available as a direct dealer fitment option.
Here is a bullet list of the added features:
• Split open Euro windows on the rear sliding doors
• Sliding/reclining captain seats in the middle row
• 15-inch alloy wheels
• 2-din audio system with USB connectivity
• Rear wiper
• Rear defogger
• Anti-glare internal rearview mirror
• Front row assist grip
• Glovebox lid
• In addition, a roof mounted AC blower unit is available as a direct dealer fitment
Nissan has also made price amendments to the Evalia. The new prices for the various models are as follows
• Evalia’s XE Rs 8.78 lakh
• Evalia XE+ Rs 9.22 lakh.
• Evalia XL RS 9.80 lakh
• Evalia XL (option) Rs 10.05 lakh
• Evalia XV Rs 10.48 lakh
• Evalia XV (option) Rs 10.73 lakh
• All prices ex-howroom, New Delhi.
The list of regular features on the Evalia includes –
• 1.5 L 4-cylinder engine, with intercooler and a 5-speed gearbox, engineered to enhance the emission performance and fuel efficiency
• ABS+EBD, Electric controlled ORVM & Follow me headlamps as standard in all variants
• An ultra short turning radius of 5.2m to ensure easy maneuverability and convenient parking into tight city spaces
• Reverse parking camera with Color monitor in Instrument panel, first time in India
• Ergonomically placed gear lever on dash
• Fold-down tables with built-in cup holders for those en-route snacks
• Wide frontal visibility and high driving position
• Sliding doors with entry step and grab handles, providing easy entry and exit
• Attractive and easy-to-clean seat fabric
• A 12V electrical outlet to plug in games or laptops
• Intelligent Key: doors are easily locked/unlocked without inserting a key and smart start mechanism
• Flexible and multi-folding seat options for versatile use
Evalia is available in seven colours – Brick Red, Aqua Green, Blade Silver, Twilight Grey, Onyx Black, Storm White and Pearl White.
The Nissan Evalia is powered by the K9K straight-4 turbocharged diesel from Renault Nissan’s engine family, which can churn out 85PS of power at 3750rpm and a maximum torque of 200Nm at 2000rpm. With a smooth-shifting five speed manual transmission, the Evalia delivers a fuel efficiency of 19.3 kmpl of diesel (ARAI certified).
Announcing the changes in Evalia, Mr. Kenichiro Yomura, President, Nissan India Operations said, “New features in Evalia reinforce Nissan’s commitment to the Indian market and consumers. We have listened to our customers closely and have responded to their requirements in a very short span of time. Nissan is one of the most innovative car brands in the world today, dedicated to bringing new levels of innovation and excitement to our Indian customers by designing, developing and producing cars in India tailored to their needs.”
Adding to this, Mr Nitish Tipnis, Director – Sales & Marketing, Hover Automotive India (National Sales Company for Nissan) said, “Constant innovation and product enhancement has been an integral part of our strategy at Nissan and our products reflect that seamlessly. The feature enhancements, based on customer feedback make Evalia even more comfortable and delightful in addition to its class leading fuel economy.”