Alongside the all-new, 4th generation Toyota Prius, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has also launched the new Toyota Camry Hybrid in the country. The Camry Hybrid is the first and the only hybrid model to be manufactured in the country, ever since its introduction in 2013 in India.
The new Camry Hybrid is equipped with an Electronically- Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission, while its 2.5-litre petrol engine combined with an electric motor produces a total system output of 205 PS. This hybrid technology reduces fuel consumption and offers a mileage of 19.16 kmpl (as certified by test Agency under rule 115 of CMVR, 1989 under standard test conditions).
As for safety, the new Camry Hybrid now comes with best in class 9 SRS airbags including a driver knee bag, New Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), New Back Guide Monitor, New Emergency Brake Signal, Impact absorbing vehicle body, rear seats complying with ISOFIX standard, and vehicle stability control with Traction Control & Hill start assist control.
The exteriors of the new Camry Hybrid feature bigger 15 spoke alloy wheels, new LED Fog Lamps, LED headlamps and Auto Folding & Reverse linked ORVMs with memory. The interiors of the new Camry Hybrid now come with zebra wood finish ornamentation, while the high density dash is claimed to reduce the engine noise in the cabin and the acoustic windshield glass is said to provide best-in-class cabin quietness.
The interiors also come with reclining rear seats, an all new premium sound system with 12 JBL speakers, navigation and an all new Wireless Smartphone charger (for compatible models). The The new Camry Hybrid will be available in six existing colours namely- True Blue Mica Metallic, White Pearl Crystal Shine, Silver Metallic, Gray Metallic, Attitude Black and Dark Brown Mica Metallic.
The new Camry Hybrid is priced at INR 31,98,500 (Ex- Showroom New Delhi). The Camry Hybrid also qualifies to receive a markdown of INR 70,000 in its price under the FAME (Faster Adoption & Manufacturing of Electric cars) scheme and the benefit is passed onto the customer
Key Features of the new Camry Hybrid:
New Toyota Camry Exterior Features
1. New LED fog lamps
2. Bigger 15-spoke Alloy Wheels
3. LED headlamps with daytime running lights (DRL)
4. Auto Folding & Reverse Linked ORVMs with memory
5. Welcome lamp
New Toyota Camry Interior Features
1. New Premium Audio with 12 JBL speakers
2. Newly introduced navigation with user friendly interface
3. Hybrid exclusive interior ornamentation
4. High density dash silencer & acoustic windshield glass
5. Collapsible headrest for front passenger seat
New Toyota Camry Comfort & Convenience Features
1. New Wireless smartphone charger (for compatible models)
2. New Back guide monitor
3. Power recline rear seats
4. Rear armrests with Recline, Audio & Temperature controls
5. Front seat ventilation system
6. 3 zone automatic climate control with nanoeTM ion generator
7. Power sunshade for rear windshield & Manual Sunshade for Rear Doors
New Toyota Camry Safety & Security Features
1. New 9 SRS airbags including a knee bag
2. New Tyre pressure monitoring system
3. New Emergency Brake Signal
4. Impact absorbing vehicle body
5. Rear seats complying with ISOFIX Standard
6. Vehicle stability control with Traction Control
7. Hill start assist control