Enough has already been reported about the much awaited 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT (Café Racer).
The Continental GT went on sale in UK earlier this year and is now close to entering Indian premium bike market. The Cafe Racer will be launched in India tomorrow and safely expect us to update you LIVE from the launch event. The launch event will be followed by the ‘media ride event’ of the bike and honestly, we just can’t wait to sample the decidedly tasty looking bike!
Here are a few things you need to know about the 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT-
- The Continental GT aka Cafe Racer is the fastest production Royal Enfield ever
- The Conti GT is also the lightest and the sportiest RE in the iconic bike maker’s product portfolio
- In India, the Cafe Racer would become the flagship product in the bike maker’s line up
- Powering the Royal Enfield Continental GT is an air cooled, fuel injected, single pot 535cc motor that has a max power of 29.1 BHP and peak torque of 44 Nm
- The engine is attached to a 5 speed manual gearbox
- The bike has conventional telescopic forks at front and Paioli twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear
- The Conti GT rides on 18 inch spoke wheels, which are shod with the much loved Pirelli Sport Demon tyres
- Braking is from a 300mm floating Brembo disc brake setup up front and a 240 mm disc brake at the rear.
- The new 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT India price is being expected to be around INR 2.25 lakhs.
It would be interesting to see if the new Continental GT would enthral typical ‘Royal Enfield’ followers in India. Stay tuned for more updates