The good chaps at Motorbash are at it again! Our eagle eyed friends have once again come up with spy pics of the upcoming Maruti YL1 sedan. The YL1, which would be a SX4 replacement, could be unveiled at 2014 Indian Auto Expo.
The YL1 shares its platform with the Ertiga MPV. The car will also share the MPV’s 1.4 ltr K Series petrol and the 1.3 Ltr VGT Multijet turbo diesel engine. The upcoming Maruti SX4 replacement will boast of an exterior styling that will borrow plenty of design cues from the Suzuki Authentics concept. The Authentics made its public debut in Shanghai earlier this year.
The YL1′s interiors would borrow plenty from the SX4 and the Ertiga and we expect the car to feature a similar steering wheel and aircon vents. The features list of the YL1 is likely to include 15 inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
The car will be launched in L, V and Z trim levels.
Some details of the upcoming YL1 sedan-
- L and V variants will come shod with 185/60R15 spec tires
- Z variant has 195/55 R16 Tires
- Car will get rear A/C vents
- Car will have the same steering wheel that is found in the Ertiga
- Car will also get same audio controls too the same
- Z trim level will come with keyless Entry
- The V and Z will also get electronic folding mirrors
- L spec gets steel rims, V spec variant gets 15 inch alloys and Z spec gets 16 inch alloys
- 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine gets Hydraulic Mounts and Heavy damping for Low NVH levels
- Rear Bench space in the league of Nissan Sunny/Scala.
From the looks of it, the YL1 seems to be sufficiently potent to turn the fortunes of MSIL in upper C segment of Indian car market.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the upcoming Maruti Suzuki YL1 sedan