Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Haryana inaugurated Institute of Driving and Traffic Research (IDTR), to be managed by Maruti Suzuki India Limited, at Rohtak. Present on the occasion were Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, senior members of Haryana Cabinet and several senior state government dignitaries.
This state-of the-art driving training facility is an example of Public-Private-Partnership between India’s leading car maker and the Haryana Government. This initiative is in line with Maruti Suzuki’s national initiative to promote Road Safety in the country. IDTR Rohtak is expected to train over 20,000 people in safe driving, annually.
With IDTR Rohtak, Maruti Suzuki expands its Road Safety training infrastructure across the country to include 6 IDTRs and over 200 Maruti Suzuki Driving schools.
Facilities at IDTR, Rohtak
- Total Area 14 acres
- Covered Area: 2984 Sq Mts (Building)
- Class room: 6 rooms: 40 trainees each
- Driving Simulators: 2 nos (including 1 for LMV and 1 for HMV)
- Driving Training Tracks :1.8 km
- Training Vehicles: 6 cars + 2 Buses
- A Driving Laboratory and a Library
- A 150 seat seminar hall / auditorium
- School children programs.
Maruti Suzuki operates its Road Safety initiatives at two levels-
Maruti Driving Schools: These neighbourhood driving schools called Maruti Driving Schools (MDS) are set up in partnership with Maruti Suzuki’s dealer partners. Currently over 200 Maruti Driving Schools operational across the country.
IDTR: Maruti Suzuki has set up IDTR’s in collaboration with state governments under the Privete Public partnership (PPP) model. These are larger institutes with their own driving tracks. With the Rohtak IDTR, Maruti Suzuki manages 6 IDTRs (Two each in Haryana, and Delhi NCR, one each in Uttarakhand and Gujarat).
Courses at IDTR, Rohtak
Training Course for Commercial drivers
- HMV (Heavy Motor Vehicle) Refresher
- LMV (Light Motor Vehicle) Refresher
Learner Driving Training Courses
- LMV Learning course (21 days)
- Advance LMV Course (10 days)
- HMV Learning course (45 days)
Customized Driving Training Courses
- Customized course for Police Staff
- Customized course for Auto drivers
- Course for learner license aspirants
- Special training for traffic rule violators
- Special course for Companies