Maruti Suzuki has introduced a limited edition ‘Swift RS’ to its offerings. The sportier looking version of the popular Swift hatchback features new styling and graphics. Changes have been made to the interior of the car as well to make the limited edition version more inviting. The Swift RS enhancement package, priced at Rs. 24,500 is actually pretty good value if you look at the amount of kit offered.
Swift RS will be available in VXi (Petrol) and VDi (Diesel) variants at Maruti Suzuki dealers across the country from early July 2013, for a limited period. The prices for the new variants are as follows
MARUTI SWIFT VXI 521236.31
MARUTI SWIFT VDI 640505.70
The Swift RS comes with the following exterior features.
- A signature RS 3-piece body kit that includes front and rear bumper enrichment and a roof spoiler.
- Black and blue motorsport inspired graphics.
- Black wheel covers, as a first for the Swift line haven been introduced on the RS.
- Signature theme coloured blue outside rear view mirrors (ORVMs)
- Illuminated Swift emblem at the sill on all four doors.
On the inside, the Swift RS boasts of the following features
- Art leather upholstery
- Black and blue colour combinations complementing the RS signature graphic style on the exteriors.
- Rally RS theme inspired floor mats.
- A high-end music system with CD player, AUX-in and USB facility.
On the introduction of Swift RS, Mr Manohar Bhat, Vice President (Marketing) Maruti Suzuki India said, “The Swift RS is in continuation of Maruti Suzuki’s celebrations planned around Swift model as it moves towards the “1 million” cumulative sales mark. Swift has cumulatively sold over 9.6 lakh units since its launch in May 2005. We are confident that limited edition Swift RS will be ideal for customers who look to further enhance the sporty character and style of the Swift. All this comes with a much higher value worth than the price customer pays for Swift RS package.”
What do you think of this new special edition version of the Swift? Tastefully done? Are the features worth the extra 25k rupees? Do let us know your views