India’s largest car maker, Maruti Suzuki, showcased the Ciaz in its concept form at the Auto Expo 2014. Now, fresh spy pics of the car have emerged.The car was caught testing near Maruti’s plant in Gurgaon/ The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz India is slated to happen in September this year.
As already known, the Ciaz will be the replacement for the SX4, but will cost a bit more than the SX4. The production spec Ciaz will carry on the design cues from its concept avatar. The car will have sleek exteriors and a sporty stance.
Suzuki Ciaz Concept shown at the Auto Expo
On the interior, the car will share bits with the SX4 and the Ertiga. The steering wheel and aircon vents are expected to be similar to the aforementioned cars.
The equipment offered on the car may include :
- 15 inch alloy wheels
- Keyless entry
- Push button start
- Puddle lamps
- Leather sea
Underpinning the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will be the same platform that underpins the Ertiga MPV. Powering the car will be the same 1.4 liter K Series petrol which powers the MPv, and the 1.3 liter VGT Multijet turbo diesel engine.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will be available in L, V and Z trim levels and the highlights of these trims include:
- L and V variants will come shod with 185/60R15 spec tires
- Z variant will come with 195/55 R16 Tires
- Will come with rear A/C vents
- Steering wheel will be from the Ertiga
- Z trim level will come with keyless entry
- The V and Z trims will come with electric folding mirrors
- L spec will come with steel rims, V spec variant with 15 inch alloys and Z spec gets 16 inch alloys
- 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine gets Hydraulic Mounts and Heavy damping for Low NVH levels
- Rear Bench space can be in the league of Nissan Sunny/Renault Scala
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz India launch and other details.
Spy pic courtesy: Motorbeam