We are reporting LIVE from the new Skoda Octavia India launch event and the Indian subsidiary of the VW owned Czech automaker is just minutes away from announcing prices of the latest gen Octy for Indian market. Yes, those of you who have postponed your D segment car buying decision until now, can reach for your chequebook.
The new seventh gen Skoda Octavia, which replaces the Laura in India, comes to us with three engine options-
- 1.4 litre TSI Turbo Petrol with a max power of 140PS, max torque of 250 Nm, mated to a 6 speed manual ‘box and a claimed FE of 16.8 kmpl
- 1.8 litre TSi Turbo Petrol with a max power of 180PS, max torque of 250 Nm, mated to a 7 speed DSG auto ‘box and a claimed FE of 14.7 kmpl
- 2.0 litre TDi Turbo Diesel with a max power of 143PS, a max torque of 320 Nm, mated to a 6 speed manual transmission (with optional DSG) and a claimed FE of 20.6 kmpl (for manual) and 19.3 kmpl (for DSG)
The new Skoda Octavia will be offered in three trim levels- Active, Ambition and Elegance.
- The entry level Octavia 1.4 will be available only in Active and Ambition trim.
- The performance oriented Octavia 1.8 TSi will be available only in the Elegance trim.
- The Octavia 2.0 TDi Manual will be available only in Active and Ambition trim and the DSG variant will be sold only in Ambition and Elegance trim.
The new 2013 Skoda Octavia will be available in India with seven colour options, viz. Brilliant Silver, Candy White, Cappuccino Beige, Magic Black, Rio Red (new), Metal Grey (new), and our favorite- the Race Blue
Stay tuned to Motoroids for New Skoda Octavia India prices and complete launch report