The latest generation Skoda Octavia has been presented with seven awards from the Indian automotive fraternity. Skoda Auto India has received an overwhelming response since the launch of the New Octavia in October 2013.
The new Octavia with its modern design, spacious interiors and a long list of features won appreciation from customers, stakeholders and media fraternity. The auto experts bestowed the new Octavia with 7 honours –
- “Saloon of the year – BBC Top Gear”
- “Midsize sedan of the year – NDTV Car & Bike Awards”
- “Executive sedan of the Year – Car India”
- “Midsize saloon of the year – Zigwheels”
- “Sedan of the Year – Golden Steering Wheel”
- “Best premium sedan of the year – Motor Vikatan”
- “Executive Sedan of the Year – Top Gear Malayalam – God’s own Car & Bike Awards”
Delighted with the laurels, Mr. Sudhir Rao, Chairman & Managing Director, Skoda Auto India said, “The new Octavia was one of the most eagerly awaited products from ŠKODA last year and these awards are evidence of the new Octavia’s ingenuity. The Octavia is the heart of the brand and the entire ŠKODA team has been working hard on this product. We are extremely proud of its heritage in India and to be given seven awards by the automotive fraternity is a great honour for us.”
With the launch of the new Octavia, Skoda has begun a growth phase in the Indian market and will strengthen its focus on the sedan segment. Skoda currently has 6 models on sale in India – new Superb, new Octavia, Yeti, Laura, Rapid and Fabia.