Bajaj Auto Ltd., yesterday announced the launch of the highly anticipated, KTM 390 Duke. The KTM 390 Duke is the second and the most powerful KTM offering in the Indian market from the Bajaj-KTM partnership. The KTM 390 Duke has been launched at a scintillating introductory price of INR 1.8 lakhs.
The 390 Duke is the perfect amalgam of serious power (43.5 PS), 35 Nm of unmatched torque,agile handling (if our counterparts in the west and KTM lineage is to be believed) and a host of features like ABS, Metzeler (from Pirelli) tyres, aluminum swing arm and aluminum alloy wheels. The 373.2cc engine makes the 390 Duke the first midsize sports bike in the country. It will be sold and serviced exclusively through 71 exclusive KTM Showrooms & Service centres and bookings for the bike at all the dealerships are NOW ON.
As with all KTM’s, the 390 Duke would boast of an impressive power/weight ratio of 300 Ps/tone unmatched by motorcycles from segments higher or lower than the 390 Duke. Such power-weight ratio would give the bike impressive pick-up, top speed and maneuverability.
On the occasion of the launch Mr. Amit Nandi, Vice President Bajaj Probiking said “With its powerful engine, light weight and easy handling the 390 Duke will be equally rewarding both for the professional rider as well as the enthusiast. KTM is a sharply differentiated brand which in a short span of time is the largest selling premium motorcycle brand in India. This position would be further strengthened with the launch of the 390 Duke.”
The KTM 390 Duke has been launched at an introductory price of Rs. 1.80 Lacs- Ex Showroom Delhi. Bookings for the bike would commence from 26th June 2013.
KTM 390 Duke Technical Specifications
- Type- 373.2 CC single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled
- Power 43.5PS @ 9000 RPM
- Torque 35 NM @ 7000 RPM
- Fuel Intake Bosch Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Transmission 6 speed
- Frame Steel Trellis frame
- Front-Fork WP Suspension Up Side Down 150 mm travel
- Rear-Shock absorber WP Monoshock 150 m travel
- Front 300 mm Disc brake with four-pot brake calliper
- Rear 230mm Disc brake with one-pot brake caliper, floating brake discs
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4” (520) X Ring
- Steering head angle 65°
- Wheel base 1,367±15 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded) 165 mm
- Seat height (unloaded) 800 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx. 10.2 litres
- Weight without fuel approx. 145 kg