Ford India will officially launch the much awaited EcoSport in our fast developing car market today. The upcoming compact crossover has our car buyers all excited and we have lost count of the number of EcoSport related queries we have got so far.
If you have been one of those who have been waiting for Ford India to launch the EcoSport, you could be interested in what we have here today. Seen below is the LIVE webcast of Ford EcoSport launch and price announcement. The press conference goes underway at 12:15 pm. In the interim, click on the link below for the most detailed review of the Ford Ecosport
It may be noted that Ford dealerships across the country have already been registering bookings for the much anticipated compact crossover. The eagerly awaited compact crossover can be booked for a sum of INR 50000.
While prices of the much talked about car aren’t yet known, our guess is that the fact that the EcoSport will be exclusively manufactured in out country for all right-hand drive markets means that the car could be priced ultra competitively (due to heavy localization).
The Ford EcoSport will come to us in three engine variants-
- The base engine variant will be powered by the same 1.5 litre normally aspirated petrol engine that powers the Fiesta.
- The second petrol engine variant will sport the much publicized Ford EcoBoost 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine.
- The third engine variant, and the one that would most probably bring the volumes, will be powered by the Fiesta’s 1.5 litre turbocharged diesel engine.
The Ford Ecosport will be sold in four trim levels-
- Titanium Plus.
The Ford EcoSport will be launched in as many as 7 color options. The Titanium variant will get Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system will come in the top two variants. The two top of the line variants will also get a CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
The EcoSport will come in two interior colour options-
- Charcoal Black + Warm neutral gray (on all variants except on Titanium (O)
- Charcoal Black + dark shadow gray (on Titanium (O)).