The much talked about KTM 390 Duke isn’t the sole reason for the tonnes of excitement here at Motoroids. Also accountable for keeping us busy with posting is the much anticipated Ford EcoSport compact crossover, whose India launch is less than few hours away.
Ford dealerships across the nation have been registering bookings for the much publicized compact crossover since some time now and while the prices of the EcoSport haven’t been revealed yet, the eagerly awaited compact crossover can be booked for a sum of INR 50000.
What we have here today is the LIVE webcast of the Ford EcoSport India launch-
WEBCAST STARTS AT 1230 IST
We believe that the fact that the EcoSport will be exclusively manufactured in our country for all right-hand drive markets would help Ford India pricing the EcoSport ultra competitively (thanks to heavy localization).
The Ford EcoSport will come to us in three engine variants-
- The entry level engine variant of EcoSport will be powered by the same 1.5 litre normally aspirated petrol engine that powers the India spec Fiesta sedan.
- The second petrol engine variant will be powered by the much publicized Ford EcoBoost 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine.
- The third engine variant, and the one that would bring the volumes, will be powered by the Fiesta’s 1.5 litre turbocharged diesel engine.
The Ford Ecosport will be sold in four trim levels-
- Titanium Plus.
The Ford EcoSport will be launched in as many as 7 color options.
The Titanium variant will get Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system will come in the top two variants. The two top of the line variants will also get a CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
The EcoSport will come in two interior colour options-
- Charcoal Black + Warm neutral gray (on all variants except on Titanium (O)
- Charcoal Black + dark shadow gray (on Titanium (O)).
Ford EcoSport review and pics
Click here for Ford EcoSport review