India Kawasaki Motors has announced the price of the new Ninja ZX-10R MY 2020. Riders can now own the 203PS Ninja ZX-10R at Rs. 13, 99,000 (Ex-showroom-Delhi). The mouth-watering price tag has been achieved due to the tireless working of the project team by using the best materials along with advanced technologies, which have kept the price under budget without compromising the quality and output. This price tag will help Kawasaki India to mark its dominance in the litre-class Supersports category in India.
Updates on the MY 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Are As Follows:
- Increased Engine performance (Maximum power 203 PS / Maximum power with RAM air 213 PS)
- Finger follower valve actuation (Valve train designed by Kawasaki’s World Superbike engineers)
- DLC (Diamond-like Carbon coating) on finger follower
- Cylinder head ready for High Lift Cam
- Red painted cylinder head cover
- KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter-Dual Direction)
- S-KTRC (Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control)
- KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode)
- KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
- Electronic throttle valves
- Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Power mode selection (3 modes)
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
- Aluminium Twin-spar Frame, Aluminium Swingarm, High-performance BREMBO Brake system, SHOWA BFFF/BFRC (Balance Free Front Fork / Balance Free Rear Cushion), Öhlins electronic steering damper
- Single seater for Indian Market
Earlier, the Japanese bike maker had opened bookings for the motorcycle for an amount of INR 1.5 lakh. Based on the KRT race machine that has been amassing records after another in the Superbike World Championship, Kawasaki’s litre-class Supersports model allow a wide range of riders to experience the thrill of exploring their limits on the circuit. Engine improvements for 2020 offer increased power, with an even wider power band. The My 2020 Ninja ZX-10R is powered by a 998 cc engine which cranks out 203 PS / 213 PS “(With Ram Air) and peak torque of 114.9 Nm. The engine features a lightweight crankshaft which helps the revs to climb real quick, while also contributing to light handling.
The ZX-10R features an Öhlins electronic steering damper which provides just the right amount of damping based on vehicle speed and degree of acceleration or deceleration. Another highlight is a compact six-axis IMU which is combined with Kawasaki’s proprietary dynamic modelling program. Feedback from the IMU enables the addition of the Kawasaki Cornering Management Function. This function works together with KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent Anit-Lock Braking System) and S-KTRC (Traction Control System) to assist riders through a corner. Braking duties are handled by top notch, dual Brembo M50 monobloc calipers, gripping 330 mm discs. They are kitted with a specially prepared radial-pump master cylinder and race-quality steel-braided lines to deliver the best braking performance.
Realising the potential in India and to boost track and Sports riding, India Kawasaki aims to build a unique riding culture in the country. To achieve this, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R had to be priced very aggressively and this locally assembled model will help in fulfilling the demand-supply gap, as the company has been able to minimize the transit time required in importing CBU models. Also, this initiative of locally assembled was taken keeping in mind the Make in India campaign. Customers who booked the Ninja ZX-10R during pre-booking period can expect the delivery of their motorcycles from mid of June 2019 onwards. New interested buyers can contact their nearest Kawasaki dealers for booking related information.