Last month, we reported in detail when the news about Hyundai Verna CX variant surfaced. (Click here to read our earlier report) Now, thanks to Team-BHP member RavenAvi, we have screenshots of the official presentation of the Hyundai Verna CX, which reveals the detailed features list.
The Hyundai Verna CX variant will be positioned between the EX and SX variants and will be available with the 1.4 liter engine which produces 89 bhp and 220 Nm of peak torque. With the introduction of the CX variant, Hyundai India has also rejigged the other variants, details of which are:
- 1.4 EX has been discontinued
- 1.6 EX AT has been discontinued
- 1.6 SX (O) AT (VTVT) has been discontinued
- 1.6 SX AT has been added
- 1.6 SX (O) receives side + curtain airbags and speed-sensing auto-door lock again
- 1.6 SX loses out on the Supervision Cluster and the Rheostat
- 1.6 EX receives all features of 1.4 CX, except diamond-cut alloy wheels and power-folding ORVM’s
The key features in the Verna CX include:
- Driver Airbag
- Rear disc brakes
- Steering-mounted controls
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control
- Rear-view camera with Electrochromic Mirror
- Rear parking sensors
- Diamond-cut alloys
- Power-folding ORVMs
The recently launched 2014 Honda City is eating up a chunk of the Hyundai Verna’s sales. Hence, the Korean car maker decided to introduce the CX variant with 1.4 liter engine to attract buyers to its showrooms.
Although no details about the launch are available, we can confirm that the launch of the CX variant will happen soon.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the 2014 Hyundai Verna CX launch and other details.