Skoda has unveiled the new VisionC concept the ongoing Geneva Motor Show 2014.
The VisionC concept will spawn a five-door coupe that will sit between the Octavia and the Superb in carmaker’s product portfolio. The VisionC conceot can comfortably seat four people with their luggage.
Here is what the Skoda says about the VisionC concept:
- Evolution: SKODA VisionC – the next stage in the development of SKODA design language
- Design: Expressive, dynamic, confident, emotional
- Concept: SKODA develops its first five-door coupé chassis
- Characteristic of SKODA: Design meets functionality – Coupé with large hatch
- Technology: Modern modular technology, low weight and optimised aerodynamics for responsible individual mobility
- Environment: already meet the stringent EU2020 emissions standard using conventional technology – 91g CO2/km
“We are signalling the next stage in the evolution of SKODA’s design language with ‘ŠKODA VisionC’, and thus highlighting the dawn of the brand. The vehicle demonstrates the company’s outstanding design and engineering expertise, and underpins the dynamism and value of one of the world’s longest-established automotive companies,” says Prof. Dr. h.c. Windried Vahland, ŠKODA CEO.
Underpinning the VisionC isthe same platform that underpins the Octavia saloon. The car will also share its engine with the new Octavia G-TEC. This Euro 6-compliant 1.4-liter TSI four cylinder turbocharged engine has a max power of 110 HP. In the CNG mode, it manages to consume 3.4 kg /km while emitting CO2 at the rate of 91 g/km.
The production spec Skoda five door coupe is expected to come in 2016.