BMW India has launched the new BMW X3 in two diesel variants: BMW X3 xDrive20d and BMW X3 xDrive30d. The new X3’s CKD units will be assembled at BMW’s Chennai plant. Deliveries of the X3 xDrive20d will start in September and of the X3 xDrive30d in October.
The all India ex-showroom prices of the new BMW X3 are
The new BMW X3 xDrive20d : INR 41,20,000
The new BMW X3 xDrive30d : INR 47,90,000
The car will be available in eight colours to choose from. Here’s the list of colours
Non-Metallic: Alpine White
Metallic: Titanium Silver, Black Sapphire, Mineral Silver, Space Grey, Deep Sea Blue, Vermillion Red and Sparkling Bronze.
The X3’s upholstery will be done in Leather Nevada and is available in the following colours: Beige, Black, Red Brown/Black, Havanna/Black and Oyster/Black.
Here’s the detailed specification sheet of the new car, with every detail followed by a list of the car’s salient points. Stay tuned as we update the post with pics from the event. Click and expand the image for better visibility
Here we have a list of the most salient points about the new BMW X3
• Second generation of the Sports Activity Vehicle with significantly increased space, optimized functionality and enhanced driving comfort.
• Features BMW EfficientDynamics.
• BMW X3 xDrive20d with four-cylinder diesel engine 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm as well as maximum torque of 380 Nm from 1,750 to 2,750 rpm
• BMW X3 xDrive30d with straight six-cylinder diesel engine 258 bhp at 4,000 rpm as well as maximum torque of 560 Nm from 2,000 to 2,750 rpm.
• Auto Start Stop function featured for the first time in conjunction with eight-speed automatic transmission.
• Four-wheel drive technology BMW xDrive harmonised for optimised driving dynamics featured as standard, with Performance Control.
• First BMW X model with standard Dynamic Damper Control and Dynamic Drive Control.
• Folding and 40:20:40-split rear seat backrest, maximum luggage compartment volume: 1,600 litres.
• BMW X3 xDrive 20d accelerates to 100 km/hr in 8.5 seconds with a top speed of 210 km/hr (electronically limited).
• The new BMW X3 xDrive 30d accelerates to 100 km/hr in 6.2 seconds with a top speed of 210 km/hr (electronically limited).
• Both variants come with an eight speed auto Steptronic transmission as standard
• The new BMW X3 xDrive20d comes fitted with 17-inch light alloys and the new BMW X3 xDrive30d with 18-inch light alloys.
• To increase Driver orientation, the centre console is tilted slightly towards the driver so that all the relevant operating functions provide a sense of personal control.
• Seats in the new BMW X3 are electrically adjustable on both the driver and front seat passenger sides.
• The new BMW X3 allows drivers to choose the desired suspension settings such as Normal, Sports and Sports+
• The entertainment and communication functions are controlled through the on-board iDrive.
• The iDrive comes with a 6.5 inch high resolution display screen in the new BMW X3 xDrive20d and an 8.8 inch high resolution display screen on the new BMW X3 xDrive30d.
• BMW X3 features Bi-Xenon headlights with LED (Light Emitting Diode) light rings in BMW classic style
• BMW X3 also features Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control as standard which prevent vehicle rolling on inclines/declines
• The new BMW X3 comes with Run-Flat tyres which remain functional even after a complete loss of pressure.
• BMW xDrive is an intelligent all-wheel drive system with a built-in sense of direction. It monitors the driving situation constantly and distributes drive power smoothly between the axles. As one drives, the xDrive analyses data from the on-board electronics systems such as speed, steering angle, torque output and other key factors – and calculates whether the vehicle can follow the driver’s wish or if it threatens to oversteer or understeer, thereby preventing the vehicle from swerving.
• The equipment featured in all model variants, which include brake energy regeneration, EPS Electric Power Steering, demand-controlled ancillary components, intelligent lightweight construction contribute towards lowering fuel consumption and exhaust emission levels.
• The new BMW X3 also features completely redeveloped suspension technology. The combination of a double-joint spring-strut axle at the front and a five-link rear axle offers in conjunction with a widened track (92 mm wider than that of the predecessor) the ideal prerequisites for optimizing agility and driving comfort to an equal degree.
• BMW X3 has sold 614,824 units worldwide.
• For the new X3 exterior length has increased by 83 mm to 4,648 mm, with width increasing by 28 mm to 1,881 mm and height by 12 mm to 1,661 mm.
• Both at the front and at the back, the new BMW X3 has a multitude of large storage spaces and shelves. Large side pockets in the door panels provide space for 1.5-litre bottles at the front and 1-litre bottles at the back, with cupholders on the centre console rounding off the intelligent storage concept.
• Other features include automatic climate control, electrically adjustable and heated exterior mirrors, leather-clad steering wheel, audio system with MP3-capable CD drive and AUX-In connection, as well as an on-board computer, panorama sunroof with electrically operated front glass section and inner lining.