After being spotted testing in Ooty and Panchgani recently, the highly anticipated Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS has now been caught testing near Pune!
As can be seen in the images, the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS test mule that has been spotted testing is carrying a pillion rider and while we aren’t too happy about the fact that the pillion rider isn’t wearing any kind of protective gear, it is good to note that the pillion seems to be comfortably seated, despite the fact that he sits higher than the rider.
We believe that Bajaj would unveil the fair-ed variant of the new gen Pulsar just a few days prior to the 2014 Indian Auto Exp0, which happens in early February next year.
Thanks to more than a dozen spy pics that we have seen so far, there is a lot that is already known about the upcoming bike.
This is what we know about the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS-
- Firstly, it would sport a half front fairing, a first for any bike from Bajaj’s stable (the 220F has a quarter fairing)
- The 200SS is likely to come with a rather stubby exhaust on the right (the 200NS has an underbelly unit)
- The 200 SS also gets a set of clip-ons, which would be positioned in such a way that it would suit the proverbial tourer
- The 200 SS seems to have borrowed its indicators from the Duke
- The bike gets Steel braided brake hoses and Anti-lock Braking System(ABS rings seen in earlier spy pics)
- Various spy pics also reveal that the RVMs on the Pulsar 200 SS would be more useful than those on the 220S
- The bike also gets a twin projector headlamp setup
- The upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS shares its suspension and wheels with the 200 NS
Powering the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS would be a re-tuned version of the four valve, four stroke, single pot 200cc motor that powers the 200 NS. For the NS, this motor outputs 23.5 PS-1.86 kgm and we believe that for the 200 SS, the motor would have marginally better performance figures. Also, it would be interesting to see if the motor would dump the carb. in favor of a FI unit.
It is expected that the Pulsar 200 SS would go on sale with a price tag of INR 1.10 lakhs.
We feel that the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS might just be the perfect successor to the Pulsar 220F. Do you agree with our belief? Do let us know by commenting below.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS.
Go to next page for all the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS spy pics
Fresh spy pics courtesy: Rushlane