The 2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale R is the most extreme Ducati ever made without a grain of doubt. Ducati has taken all the firepower of the Panigale S model, and then added some more gunpowder to it to create the extreme madness that the Panigale R is. The 1199 Panigale and S models now stand beside the new R firecracker. Also new for 2013 is a new arctic white color scheme.
The enhancements on the 1199 Panigale R are made primarily by Ducati Corse keeping in mind the World Superbike homologation requirements. In its R model, the Panigale gets Titanium con-rods and a lighter crankshaft flywheel. Both changes put together shave off 1.3 kg from the bike. DLC-coated rocker-arms and revised engine mapping now enhance the Superquadro engine’s crank acceleration and allow it to rev 500rpm higher to a 12,000rpm limit. Peak power is rated at 195hp @ 10750rpm and peak torque is 132Nm @ 9000rpm.
The new model also features a 4-point adjustable swingarm pivot for a more personalized set up for the rider. A race kit consisting of high-penetration racing screen, fairing mirror caps in machined alloy and a full Termignoni exhaust system with dedicated ECU mapping (for track use only). The system provides an impressive power increase of 3% at the top of the rev-range and 15% in the mid-range.
Further enhancements include lightweight carbon fibre rear hugger, rear suspension guard, heels guards, ignition switch surround and top fairing inner panels and carbon fibre protectors for the single-sided swingarm and clutch cover. With all the changes incorporated, the 1199 Panigale R weighs just 165kg (dry), with ABS. The Panigale R also comes loaded with GPS-enhanced Ducati Data Acquisition system, for automatic lap times and circuit map-linked data. The 1199 Panigale R is dressed in Ducati red with defining white race features, sporting a mix of red and brushed aluminium on the fuel tank with lightweight forged wheels by Marchesini in black.
Check out the image gallery after the specs
- Type Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement 1198cc
- Bore x Stroke 112×60.8mm
- Compression ratio 12.5:1
- Power 195hp (143kW) @ 10750rpm
- Torque 98.1lb-ft 132Nm @ 9000rpm
- Fuel injection Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies.
- Exhaust 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers with alumimum outer sleeves
- Gearbox 6 speed
- Primary drive Straight cut gears
- Ratio 1.77:1
- Ratio 1=37/15 2=30/16 3=27/18 4=25/20 5=24/22 6=23/24
- Final drive Chain 525; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
- Clutch Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame Monocoque Aluminium
- Front suspension Öhlins NIX30 43mm with TiN, fully adjustable usd fork. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment
- Front wheel 3-spoke forged light alloy 3.50″ x 17″
- Front Tyre 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear suspension Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment. Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat. Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel 3 spoke forged light alloy 6.00″ x 17″
- Rear tyre 200/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Front brake 2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50- 4piston callipers with ABS
- Rear brake 245mm disc, 2-piston calliper with ABS
Instrumentation : Digital unit with TFT colour display: rev counter, speed, gear selected, odometer [Menù 1: trip 1, trip 2, trip fuel], coolant temp [Menù 2: average and actual fuel comsumption, average speed, trip time, air temperature], lap times, selected Riding Mode, DTC level, EBC level, DQS status, ABS level, DDA status (only if mounted), GPS status (only if mounted), SERVICE, diagnostic, clock, full status and/or management of Riding Modes, “”Parking”” mode. Display lay-out: ROAD/TRACK (integrated with Riding Modes). Display backlight colours: DAY/NIGHT (manual or auto selection). Warning lights: oil pressure, neutral, EOBD, turn signals, fuel reserve, high-beam, ABS (if oem), over rev, DTC intervention, immobilizer (in Key-off). DES control (Electronic Suspension). Light control: automatic shutdown while engine start, automatic shutdown after 60s from key-on without engine ignition. All funtions integrated and managed by left and right handlebar switches