The BMW K1600GT seems to have made the boffins at Honda wake up in a shock. The company has announced a series of upgrades for the 2012 GL1800 Goldwing. Featuring a hosts of changes and new features, the 2012 Goldwing will be launched in the US in May 2011, and in the UK by the end of the year.
New prices have not been released, but the prices in the UK for the current Goldwing are in the region of Rs 10 to 12 lakh based on the trim level you opt for.
The 2011 model upgrades include:
- New seat covers for which are claimed to be more comfortable
- Modified suspension
- Reworked bodywork for better wind protection for the legs of the rider and pillion
- New surround-sound audio system with ipod integration
- Optional GPS system features new colour display, lane-guidance system and internet connectivity
- Rear panniers integrated tail-lamps
- Models without airbags get a center mountable glove box with a storage capacity of 2.8-litre.
The bike will make its first public appearance at this weekend’s International Motorcycle Show in Greenville, South Carolina.