That the Yamaha YZF R25 release date falls on 20th this month is a knwon fact and another fact is that almost every bike aficionado in the country is having a hard time having to wait to find out what the upcoming Yammie would be like. Thanks to dozens of Yamaha YZF R25 Images that have flooded the internet, we already know about what the bike looks like. Adding to this burgeoning collection of YZF R25 images is this pic here, which reveals another exciting bit about the highly awaited motorcycle. As per this image, the redline for the YZF R25’s motor has been set at 14000 RPM, which further consolidates our belief that powering he upcoming model would be a 250cc, parallel twin engine. This engine is speculated to have a max power of around 35 bhp, which combined with a low kerb weight, should bestow the motorcycle with a very favorable power to weight ratio.
- CLICK HERE for our earlier story on Yamaha R25 release date
- Our Complete Coverage of Yamaha R25
- Why the Yamaha R25 might NOT be worth the wait
Some YZF R25 Images —
As we’ve been saying, the R25 will be positioned between the Yamaha YZF R15 and the R6 in the bike maker’s product portfolio. In India, the R25 is likely to lock horns with the Kawasaki Ninja 300. It is expected that Yamaha YZF R25 launch in India will happen around the advent of next year, which means that the bike is still sometime away from us. The Indonesia launch of the R25 is expected to happen in a few months of time.
Some more Yamaha R25 production version images —
Some of the details of the upcoming model —
- R25 production model doesn’t look too much like the R25 Concept, which is basically a M1 MotoGP contender replica
- Much like the R15, the upcoming bike’s front fairing houses twin front headlights. It also gets a centrally mounted pilot lamp
- The bike doesn’t get USD Forks
- The bike gets a digital speedometers console with white backlight
- Rear tyre seems to be 130 (or 140) cross-section
- Rear LED taillamp
- Stubby end can design