There is no denying that the Indian performance bike market is fast heating up. An increased purchasing power, along with people getting in touch with the world of superbikes through movies, motorsports and auto publications, has resulted into performance bikes looking all set to become a rage in the country.
The major dampener here is the high import duty levied by the Govt. of India on import of these bikes. In wake of all this, Yamaha India has been compelled to revise the prices of all its CBU imports.
The revised price list is as follows:
- Yamaha FZ1-N: Rs. 10,72,045 (998cc/ 150PS@11,000rpm/ 106Nm@8000rpm)
- Yamaha YZF-R1: Rs.15,60,182 (998cc/ 182.1PS@12,500rpm/ 115.5Nm@10,000rpm)
- Yamaha V-Max: Rs. 25,65,423 (1679cc/ 200.1PS@9000rpm/ 166.8Nm@6500rpm)
Engine specs of Yamaha CBU Imports
- Yamaha FZ1-N: Displacement-998cc, Power- 150PS@11,000rpm, Torque- 106Nm@8000rpm
- Yamaha YZF-R1: Displacement-998cc, Power- 182.1PS@12,500rpm, Torque -115.5Nm@10,000rpm)
- Yamaha V-Max: Displacement- 1679cc, Power- 200.1PS@9000rpm, Torque- 166.8Nm@6500rpm)