The recently launched KTM 390 Duke isn’t the only reason for the tonnes of excitement at Motoroids. Also responsible for keeping us busy with activity is the much awaited Ford EcoSport, whose India launch is less than a day away.
Ford India dealerships across the nation have already been receiving bookings for the much talked-about compact crossover. While the prices of the EcoSport aren’t out yet, the eagerly awaited compact crossover can be booked for a sum of INR 50000.
Ford India earlier announced that the units of EcoSport “are rolling off the production line and being shipped to Ford dealers throughout India” and we also reported when pics of a Ford EcoSport parked at a Ford India dealership in Delhi surfaced on the cyberspace. It has also been known that the EcoSport demo vehicles have started reaching Ford India dealerships and images of these showed that the ‘test drive’ vehicles are white in color and have decals saying “Ford EcoSport The Urban SUV.”
Ford India has so far refrained from announcing the prices. However, the fact that the EcoSport will be exclusively manufactured in out country for all right-hand drive markets means that the car could be priced ultra competitively (due to heavy localization).
The Ford EcoSport will come to us in three engine variants.
- The base engine variant will be powered by the same 1.5 litre normally aspirated petrol engine that powers the Fiesta.
- The second petrol engine variant will sport the much publicized Ford EcoBoost 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine.
- The third engine variant, and the one that would most probably bring the volumes, will be powered by the Fiesta’s 1.5 litre turbocharged diesel engine.
The Ford Ecosport will be sold in four trim levels-
- Titanium Plus.
The Ford EcoSport will be launched in as many as 7 color options. The Titanium variant will get Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system will come in the top two variants. The two top of the line variants will also get a CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
The EcoSport will come in two interior colour options-
- Charcoal Black + Warm neutral gray (on all variants except on Titanium (O)
- Charcoal Black + dark shadow gray (on Titanium (O)).
As for the prices, we expect that they would start at around INR 6.3 lakhs for the entry level petrol variant.