Volkswagen India has announced a new version of their Vento sedan. The new version, dedicated to the crazy cricketing fans of this country, is christened the Vento IPL edition. The IPL season is just around the corner, waiting to get kicked off immediately after the ICC World Cup. Volkswagen plans to cash on the popularity of the IPL, and have thrown in a few good features and accessories in the new variant named after the popular cricket league.
The Vento IPL edition is priced at Rs 7.24 Lakh Ex-showroom Delhi. The customers will also get a cricket kit, absolutely free from VW. The new version boasts of quite a few new features which include a touch-screen multimedia player with integrated Navigation system, leather seats and some other branded accessories. The car will be available from the first week of April 2011.
Here’s a list of the new features available on the Vento IPL edition
- Plush leatherette seats with embroidered IPL batsman motifs.
- New IPL decals on the exterior of the Vento.
- New touchscreen multimedia player with colour touch screen, FM / AM, i-pod control through touchscreen, built-in micro SD and mini USB interface, MP3/ WMA support, Built in sat-Nav, Interface for parking CCD/ RSE/ Bluetooth, NTSC or PAL compatibility.
- New door sill garnish, in steel frame with the IPL logo embossed on it.
- Floor mats adorned with the IPL logo.
- Free cricket kit.
Commenting on the introduction of the Vento IPL Edition, Mr. Neeraj Garg, Member of Board and Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. said, “The award winning Vento was specially designed for the Indian customer and has become very popular since its launch last September, hence, the perfect choice for an action model for this market. The Vento IPL Edition adds to our existing line-up as we continue to strive to give our customers innovations and at the same time value for money in our products.”
Mr. Lutz Kothe, Head of Marketing and PR Volkswagen Group Sales Pvt. Ltd. said, “Globally Volkswagen introduces special editions which have been very successful. The IPL edition is our first step towards a similar initiative. We will be adopting a complete synergetic marketing approach during the IPL to reach out to our customers across our carline.”