It is a well known fact that the Volkswagen India is readying itself to soon launch the Cross Polo in the ultra competitive B segment of our car market. Just when we thought that we have already reported in great detail about the Cross Polo, the good folks at IAB managed to come up with some more info on the upcoming car from VW India
The Volkswagn Cross Polo will go on sale in just one variant– TDI Highline. The car won’t get a petrol engine option, something which doesn’t come across as too much of a surprise. The Cross Polo will cost INR 65,000 more than the regular Polo TDI Highline variant and this means that all the rumors of VW India planning to give Cross Polo an exorbitant price tag can be safely quashed.
The Cross Polo will boast of all the features of the Polo TDI Highline variant. In addition, the car will also get:
- New “Cross” grille with chrome accent
- New “Cross” bumpers, front and rear with silver accents
- Black covers for the wheel arches
- Black side cladding
- Silver roof rails
- New “Cross” decals on rear doors
- New design 15″ alloy wheels
- Silver painted door wing mirror housing
- Superior “Livon” Titanium black upholstery
IAB has also got their hands on the the Cross Polo specsheet:
- Length – 3,987mm (3,970mm)
- Height – 1,474mm with Roof Rails (1,453mm)
- Width – 1,698mm (1,682mm)
- Wheelbase – 2,456mm (2,456mm)
- Ground clearance – 168mm (168mm) – Yes, there is no increase in ground clearance!
- Tires – 185/60 R15 (185/60 R15 for Highline variants)
- Only 3 color options for exteriors– Flash Red, Deep Black, Reflex Silver
VW India has already started teasing the car, thereby indicating that the Volkswagen CrossPolo India Launch is just around the corner.
The manufacturer might promote the Cross Polo as a “Polo With A New Attitude”
Stay tuned for more updates on the upcoming Volkswagen CrossPolo
Go to next page for more pics