Volkswagen Beetle is scheduled to get a premium package which will include slew of technological and cosmetic upgrades.
Starting in July, consumers looking to get into a 2014 Beetle will have a new option to add the Premium Package. This range-topping package, exclusively offered on Coupe and Convertible trims equipped with a 1.8T or TDI Clean Diesel engine, offers features new to the Beetle, as well as equipment previously only available on the Beetle R-Line trim. Specifically:
- Bi-Xenon automatic headlights (auto feature is new to Beetle)
- Sport suspension (1.8T)
- Grey door sills and mirror caps
- R-Line bumpers with foglights
- 18” Disc wheels in Galvano Grey (TDI)
- 19” Torando wheels in White (1.8T)
- Climatronic Automatic Climate Control (new to Beetle)
- RNS 510 with navigation and satellite radio (new to Beetle)
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers (new to Beetle)
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Unique seating surfaces with leather inserts
- Fender Sound System
- iPhone 5 cradle (new to Beetle)
- Contrast stitching
- Three exterior color options: Oryx White, Platinum Gray, Deep Black
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2014 Beetle Coupe with Premium Package comes in at $27,355 (approximately Rs 16.41 lakh) with the 1.8T engine, and $29,355 (approximately Rs 17.61 lakh) with the TDI. For those who want to feel the wind in their hair, a 2014 Beetle Coupe Convertible with Premium Package is $30,755 (1.8T) [(approximately Rs 18.47 lakh)] and $32,755 (TDI). All prices exclude destination and handling cost of $820 (approximately Rs 50,000).
Do you think this premium package should make way in Indian car market? Share your thoughts through comments below.