Our friends at the Team-BHP forum have done it again! Just a couple of days after they came up with spy pics of the upcoming YL1 sedan’s exteriors, they have come up with un-camouflaged pics of the sedan’s interiors.
As can be seen in these images, the car seems to sport modern-styled interiors that have a premium look to them. These pics seem to be long to a high variant of the YL1 and reveal a fair bit more about the upcoming car.
The YL1 would be the logical successor to the not-so-successful SX4 sedan and would be launched in late 2014/early 2015. Currently, the car is undergoing tests in Japan. The YL1 shares its platform with the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV, whose platform is based on that of the Swift. The upcoming Maruti Suzuki YL1 borrows plenty of design cues from the Suzuki Authentics concept for its exteriors.
The car will be launched in both petrol and diesel engine variants. While the diesel engine would be carried over from the SX4 sedan, the petrol engine, the 1.4 litres motor, would come from the Ertiga MPV.
The YL1′s interiors too can be seen borrowing many bits from both the SX4 and the Ertiga and yet, looks much more premium and classy. The features list of the YL1 is likely to include 15 inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
The YL1 sedan would be slightly pricier than the SX4 but we feel that modern engines, fresh design and a longer equipment list could very well justify the higher price tag.
Here are some key pointers from the latest findings on the upcoming Maruti Suzuki YL1:
- Tires are 185/60R15 for L and V trim levels
- Alloys are Hyper Silver in color
- Middle A/C vents from Ertiga
- Same steering wheel as Ertiga but black in color
- Audio controls too the same
- Keyless Entry
- Electronic folding Mirrors
- No Automatic Transmission
- To come in L, V and Z spec variants
- Z Spec has 195/55 R16 Tires
- L spec gets steel rims, V spec variant gets 15 inch alloys and Z spec gets 16 inch alloys
- L Trim level gets same Head Unit and manual HVAC controls as Swift
- 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine gets Hydraulic Mounts and Heavy damping for Low NVH levels
- Rear Bench space in the league of Nissan Sunny/Scala.
Go to next page for more pics of the upcoming Maruti YL1 Sedan