Toyota Kirloskar Motor have launched the New Land Cruiser Prado in India for the price of Rs 84.87 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. Known for its rugged built, great performance off the road and good poise on it, the Land Cruiser is one of the top rates SUVs in the world. Inheriting the Land Cruiser’s DNA, the new Prado will incorporates new technology and features in its latest avatar. Bookings for the New Prado start today.
The new Prado is powered by a 2,982 cc, 16 valve, DOHC four-cylinder common rail turbodiesel with great low-end torque essential for off-road driving performance. The unit has now been upgraded to make it Euro 5+ compliant. The engine develops 190 hp at 3,400 rpm and 420 Nm of torque from 1,600 to 3,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.
The redesigned exterior of the Prado is aimed at creating an active, adventurous feel expected from a 4WD machine. On the inside, the changes make the cabin more refined, roomy and luxurious.
Specific additions made to the exterior are as following:
- New Design Front Grille
- New front Bumper
- New Fog Lamps
- New Head Lamps
- New Rear Combination Lamp
- New Design Rear License Plate Garnish
- LED Headlamps & DRLs (Daytime Running Lamps)
The interior enhancements of the new Prado include:
- Crawl Control (a system that makes accelerator and brake operations unnecessary when driving over jagged off-road terrain or on slippery surfaces, enabling the driver to concentrate fully on steering)
- Multi-Terrain Select (a system that allows you to choose between various road condition modes- Rock; Rock and Dirt; Mogul; Loose Rock; and Mud & Sand)
- Multi-Terrain Monitor (used in conjunction with Multi-Terrain system to provide a clear view of the surroundings)
- Display Audio with 7″ Screen & New Design Optitron Metre
- Second Row Seat Heater
- Ornamental Changes in the Centre Console- Upper, Centre and Rear
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (safety feature)
The new Prado is available in five colours
- White Pearl Crystal Shine
- Silver Metallic
- Grey Metallic
- Dark Blue Metallic
Customers can also choose from two interior colors – Flaxen & Black, which provides an option of a combination of dark exteriors and lighter interiors or vice versa.
Mr. Sandeep Singh, DMD & COO, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “Ever since Prado’s launch in India in 2004, customer response to the Prado’s legendary quality, durability and reliability has been very good and we would like to thank our customers for this appreciation. Owing to its Land Cruiser heritage, the Prado has earned its name as an all terrain luxury SUV and appeals not only to SUV buyers but also to buyers of other luxury car segments alike. A perfect combination of maneuverability and interior luxury, we are certain that the Indian customers will experience superior comfort and luxury while driving the New Prado”.
New 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Image Gallery