The official details about the highly anticipated Ford Mustang have been revealed. The latest iteration of the Ford Mustang, the legendary pony car is all the more important as the brand is celebrating its 50 years with the new model on April 17, 2014. The focus with the new 2015 Ford Mustang has been to create a new design which looks clearly inspired by 50 years of Mustang heritage, and appeals to customers globally. Each 2015 model celebrates the milestone with a badge on the instrument panel that includes the galloping pony logo and the words “Mustang – Since 1964.”
Brand mustang has sold 9 million-plus cars in its 50 years of continuous production. It has also made thousands of appearances in film, television, music and video games. And for those who think it’s a tad old-worldly – it is also the world’s most-liked vehicle on Facebook. An important development with this model of the Mustang is that this is the first time a Mustang model will go out of America to sell in certain key markets in Europe and Asia.
Let’s start with the engine options. The new 2015 Ford Mustang is available with a choice of three engines
- 5.0-liter V8 with 420 bhp and 530 Nm of torque. A new intake manifold improves low-speed breathing for better fuel economy, idle stability and emissions.
- 3.7-liter V6 produces 300bhp of power and 366 Nm of peak torque. This one is the bottom of the line engine.
- All-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost produces 305 bhp and 406 Nm of peak torque along while also delivering great fuel efficiency, thanks to the new technology engine. It boasts a broad, flat torque curve that pours out when you want it.
The manual transmission has been updated for even smoother shifts, while a reworked automatic transmission features new steering wheel-mounted shift paddles is also available for drivers who want the choice between convenience and control.
The car has been thoroughly overhauled for delivering new performance and dynamics benchmarks for the brand with world-class handling, more precise steering control and enhanced ride comfort.
Available in two flavors – fastback and convertible, the new Mustang retains its essential character. The long sculpted hood and short rear deck are unmistakably Mustang– with a touch of modern design.
The most defining new design highlights of the new 2015 Ford Mustang include
- A lower, wider stance with a reduction in roof height, and wider rear fenders and track
- The return of Mustang fastback with a sleeker profile enabled by more steeply sloped windshield and rear glass
- Three-dimensional, tri-bar taillamps with sequential turn signals
- Contemporary execution of the signature shark-bite front fascia and trapezoidal grille
- The convertible version comes with multilayer insulated cloth top that gives the car a more upscale appearance and a quieter cabin. The new soft top also lowers twice as fast as before, and has a sleeker profile when folded for open-air motoring.
Inside the cabin
All the controls required by the driver are readily accessible in the aviation-inspired cockpit. The cabin also boasts the highest degree of craftsmanship ever found in a Mustang. The instrumentation is modern, and larger in size. The cabin is roomier, ergonomics have been improved and switches and knobs have been designed to provide better control. The added width and a new rear suspension contribute to improved shoulder and hip room for passengers, and a more usefully shaped trunk can accommodate two golf bags.
More features include
- Intelligent Access
- Push-button start
- Microsoft SYNC and MyKey
- SYNC AppLink™ lets drivers control their smartphone apps to listen to their favorite form of entertainment.
- Track Apps (Opt)
- MyColor gauges (Opt)
- Shaker Pro audio system (Opt)
Handling and driving Aids
The new Mustang, according to Ford sets new benchmarks as regards handling and fun to drive factors. “We already set a very high standard for Mustang’s dynamics with the Mustang Boss 302, and our goal was to go above and beyond that with this new car,” said a senior Ford official.
- Mustang features all-new front and rear suspension systems. At the front, a new perimeter subframe helps to stiffen the structure while reducing mass, providing a better foundation for more predictable wheel control that benefits handling, steering and ride.
- The new double-ball-joint front MacPherson strut system also enables the use of larger, more powerful brakes. This is expected to be the best stopping Mustang yet, with three available brake packages.
- At the rear is an all-new integral-link independent rear suspension. The geometry, springs, dampers and bushings all have been specifically modified and tuned for this high-performance application. New aluminum rear knuckles help reduce unsprung mass for improved ride and handling.
- Steering effort, engine response, and transmission and electronic stability control settings can be changed using the available Selectable Drive Modes.
- The advanced new Ford-developed stability control system is tuned to maximize Mustang’s dynamic capabilities. Mustang GT includes standard launch control that enables drivers to achieve smooth, consistent starts every time.
- Driver-assist features include Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert and adaptive cruise control.
2015 Ford Mustang Image gallery