Just a day after Toyota India launched their Fortuner 4×4 in Automatic guise, Japanese auto major went ahead and launched another variant of their best-selling SUV in India today. To be powered by a re-tuned version of the 2,494 cc engine from the Innova (as has been speculated widely before), the new Toyota Fortuner 2.5L starts at INR 24.44 lakhs*.
It is also to be noted that only TRD Sportivo kitted variants are available with the new engine (NO 4×4, but a choice of MT/AT ). While the aforementioned price is for the the manual Fortuner 2.5L 4×2 MT TRD Sportivo, the automatic 2.5 L 4×2 AT TRD Sportivo variant costs INR 25.44 lakhs*. In its new guise, the Innova sourced motor makes 141.97 bhp at 3,400 rpm (168.59 bhp for the 3.0 L) and 343 Nm of torque between 1,600-2,800 rpm.
Don’t start taking a peek at those savings yet, because these new ones are actually pricier than the base 3.0 L version, which retails at INR 24.26 lakhs*. With the TRD Sportivo kit, the 2.5L is dearer by INR 20,000, but we’re hoping a variant with the same engine sans the kit soon.
Feature wise, the Fortuner 2.5L misses out on:
- Navigation system with voice Command
- Cruise Control
- HID headlights and headlamp washer (halogen headlights have to suffice).
What’s standard on Toyota Fortuner 2.5 L:
- TRD Sportivo body-kit – Dual tone front grille, front and rear skirts, roof lip spoiler, TRD Sportivo badges, subtle body graphics and TRD Muffler cutter and alloy wheels.
- Interiors- leather seat upholstery, leather steering wrap, wooden and silver trims, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, powered driver’s seat, music system with steering mounted controls, and gear-shift indicator for the AT.
- Exterior body colors – Super White and Silver Metallic
- Safety – ABS, dual airbags