After unveiling the car at the Auto Expo 2014, Tata Motors is still testing the Bolt hatchback. Also, on test is the Zest compact sedan, which has undergone a revision on the front fascia. Now, after bringing you the spy images from Ooty, we now have some more pics from Karnataka.
The Tata Bolt Petrol will be powered by a 1.2 liter Revotron turbo petrol engine which pumps out 84 bhp (at 5000 rpm) and 140 Nm of torque (1750-3500 rpm). The diesel engine duty in the Bolt will be done by the popular 1.3 liter Multijet diesel sourced from Fiat. The petrol motor will come mated to an automated manual transmission (AMT) sourced from Magnetti Marelli, Italy.
The new Tata Bolt will be equipped with new tech features and improvements such as :
- The new audio system features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands.
- The center console features a Harman developed infotainment system.
- The infotainment system can stream maps from phone to its touch screen panel. It can read out messages too.
- The Bolt will come with an electric power steering in place of the Vista’s hydraulic unit. The EPS system, developed by ZF, is said to improve ease of use and should also bring with it small gains in efficiency.
- It is equipped with projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
The Tata Bolt launch is expected to happen by mid of this year. The Tata Bolt is expected to be priced atleast 50,000 INR more than the Vista.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the Tata Bolt launch and other details.
Spy pic courtesy : Motorbeam