We reported in detail when Volkswagen India launched new variants of the Polo and the Vento with new features and lower price tags. Now, VW owned Skoda group has introduced more variants of the Rapid sedan.
The Rapid gets two new variants- the Active Plus and the Ambition Plus. These variants essentially add more features to the current Active and Ambition trims.
The Active Plus, which is essentially the Active but with few more features comes with Remote Locking/Unlocking, Remote control with foldable key function in the key fob and Electrically adjustable external mirrors.
The Ambition Plus variant gets some chrome garnishing on the dash, Child-proof rear window locking, a 2 DIN audio player with security code feature, Remote Controller for opening and closing of windows, Front and rear speakers, Electrically adjustable ORVMs and Anti-pinch power windows.
Specifications : –
* Engine: 1598 cc, MPI 16V DOHC (P), 1598 cc, turbocharged, high pressure direct injection,16V DOHC (D)
* Power: 105 Bhp @ 5250 RPM (P), 105 BHP @ 4400 RPM (D)
* Torque: 153 Nm @ 3800 RPM (P), 250 Nm @ 1500 – 2500 RPM (D)
* 0 – 100 kmph – 10.7 seconds (P), 10.8 seconds (D), 12.4 seconds (P AT)
* Top speed – 188 kmph (P), 186 kmph (D), 183 kmph (P AT)
* Transmission: 5 Speed Manual, 6-Speed Auto (option in petrol Ambition and Elegance)
* Suspension: Mcpherson suspension with lower triangular links and torsion stabiliser (Front), compound link crank axle (Rear)
* Tires: 185/60/15 Tubeless Radials
* Brakes: Dual rate brake assist, ABS
* Safety: ABS, Dual SRS Airbags, Engine immobilizer
Dimensions : –
* Overall length*width*height: 4386 mm*1699 mm*1466 mm
* Wheelbase: 2552 mm
* Ground Clearance: 168 mm
* Fuel Tank Capacity: 55 liters
* Turning radius – 5.3 meters
* Gross Weight: 1145 kgs (P), 1205 (D)