Skoda India have launched the Skoda Laura R S. The car has been priced at Rs 15.19 lakh ex-showroom Maharashtra. As expected, the car features the same 1.8-liter TSI engine that powers the standard Laura, but has more comfort, convenience and safety features. The Skoda Laura R S celebrates Skoda’s 110 years of motorsport heritage and also its recent victory of the 2010 IRC championship.
Following are features and changes on the Laura R S over its standard variant, followed by the features brochure and specs sheet. Open the images individually to expand.
• Sporty, aggressive styling – apparently inspired from the racetrack.
• Sporty Alcantara leather seats with lateral support with RS emblem.
• A three-spoke multi-function leather steering
• Six-speed, short-shifting manual transmission
• New 16”, ten spoke alloy wheels
• Aerodynamic spoiler on the boot
• Dual exhaust with chrome muffler tip
• Xenon curve projector headlights with dynamic levelling, corner function
• New front fog lights and the LED position lamps
• Available in four shades – Sprint Yellow, Race Blue, Candy White and Magic Black.
• Steel sports pedals
• LED position lights:
• 205/55 R16 tyres
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Board Member & Director, Sales & Marketing, ŠkodaAuto India said, “The new Laura R S is a performance oriented product aimed at car enthusiasts who have an emotional connect with their car. It’s not a product you choose on pure rationale as the R S badge evokes tremendous passion amongst the owners. Designed to provide maximum driving pleasure through performance and precision, the RS also continues to build on ŠKODA’s reputation for comfort and safety. We hope our customers enjoy this product as much as we do”