The demand for Sustainable Mobility in cities across India is growing significantly and this is evident from the registrations received for the Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award 2013. An interesting mix of stakeholders comprising NGOs & organisations to institutions have responded to the Award, which is now in its third year. Registrations close on August 31, 2013 and last date for submission of projects is September 10, 2013. For information about the award and to register, visit www.volvobuses.co.in.
Volvo Buses in India is calling for entries from stakeholders who are working in the broad area of sustainable mobility. This includes initiatives ranging from bus travel to metro & commuter rail, to non-motorised transport options, pedestrian safety & urban planning, but not limited to these alone. The ultimate objective of any such initiative is to impart a better quality of life to people in Indian cities.
Instituted in 2011, Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award aims at rewarding progressive and practical actions in the area of promoting sustainable solutions in urban mobility. The award carries prize money of INR 1 million, which includes a first prize of INR 700,000 and INR 300,000 for the runner-up. Register and submit, if your group or organisation has made a positive impact in the area of sustainable mobility that stands out.
How to apply for Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award 2013
Interested groups/institutions/individuals can visit www.volvobuses.co.in for more details and to register themselves.
General Criterion for Eligibility
· All efforts in the general area of sustainable mobility are eligible. However, Organisations directly involved with manufacturing or operating public transport as part of their business are not eligible for the main award with respect to their core business.
All applicants are requested to prepare the report in the format the following for final submissions.
· Define the project with a clear objective
· Purpose and scope of the project
· Achievements till date
· Next steps planned
· CV of the group / individuals involved
· Last date for registrations: August 31, 2013
· Last date for submission of final entries: September 10, 2013
Visit www.volvobuses.co.in to register and for more information about the award. Refer to the Terms & Conditions for eligibility. Contact Satyanarayan Doraiswami on email@example.com or +91 80 6712 1358 for any clarifi