A while ago, we reported live from the launch of Indian Motorcycles India. The iconic American motorcycles maker has launched all of its three best known models in India. The Indian Chief Classic, Indian Chief Vintage and Indian Chieftain complete the Indian Motorcycles India lineup. The prices for the three models are provided below, followed by an official release for the product launch. We’ll bring an exhaustive image gallery from the launch event shortly.
- Indian Chief Classic India Price: Rs 26.5 lakh ex-Delhi
- Indian Chief Vintage India Price: Rs 29.5 lakh ex-Delhi
- Indian Chieftain India Price: Rs 33 lakh ex-Delhi
Indian Motorcycle to Electrify India, History, and Motorcycling Enthusiasts with the Reveal of 2014 Indian Chief – Most Significant Motorcycle Introduction in Decades
Wednesday, January 22 at Le Meridien Hotel New Delhi-January 22, 2014: Polaris India Pvt. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Polaris Industries Inc., the world leader in off-road and All-Terrain Vehicles launched the iconic Indian Motorcycle brand in India today. This move also marks Polaris’s foray into the motorcycle segment in India. Polaris India has brought in the entire Indian Motorcycle’s Chief range —Indian Chief Classic, Indian® Chief® Vintage and Indian Chieftain’ to India. A short, sneak peek video of the new 2014 Indian Chief is available on the Indian Motorcycle website (www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-in).
With classic styling, true heritage and modern technology, the launch will excite and entice the enthusiasts in India. The Chief range is powered by Thunder Strokelm111’m engine that churns out 139 Nm of torque at 2600 rpm. The range will be sold through completely-built-up (CBU) route.
The Thunder Stroke 111′” engine features 1111″ cubic inch displacement and delivers the raw power and iconic styling that have long been hallmarks of the legendary Indian Motorcycle brand. The 49- degree V-Twin engine is the new heartbeat of Indian Motorcycle and marks the first clean-sheet Indian Motorcycle engine design in seven decades. With parallel pushrod tubes, finned heads, down firing exhausts, left side air intake, and the proportions and layout familiar to Indian Motorcycle fans around the world, the Thunder Stroke 111′” is sure to inspire both experienced and new riders.
Indian Motorcycle Thunder Stroke 111′” Engine Specifications:
- Engine: Thunder Stroke 11111,811 cc)
- Torque: 139 Nm of torque at 2600 rpm
- Architecture: 49-degree V-twin, air-cooled with integrated oil cooler, left-side air intake, down firing exhaust system, parallel pushrod tubes
- Crankcase: Unit design featuring a high capacity semi-dry sump oil system, oversized oil radiator
- Timing System: 3 camshafts, pushrods, 2 valves per cylinder acting through maintenance-free hydraulic valve lifters, forged crankshaft
- Fuel System: Electronic sequential port fuel injection and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5: 1 Transmission: 6-speed overdrive, constant mesh, helical gearbox