Believe when we say we saw it coming! Only a couple of days back, Nissan India announced the launch of its first ever crossover in India- The Terrano. Days before the launch, we got to learn that the Terrano will command a waiting period of as much as 45 days right from the day it steps into our bike market. Now, the folks at Rushlane report that the Terrano has already garnered over 6,000 bookings and commands a waiting period of as much as two months for some of its variants. The source adds that this data comes straight from Mr. Kenichiro Yomura.
The Nissan Terrano can be booked for a sum of INR 50000 and has a starting price of INR 9.58 lakhs.
Nissan Terrano Variant-wise Price List
- Nissan Terrano XE 85PS 1.5 D – 958,892
- Nissan Terrano XL 1.6P – 978,165
- Nissan Terrano XL 85PS 1.5D – 1,065,035
- Nissan Terrano XL Plus 85PS 1.5D -1,092,744
- Nissan Terrano XL 110PS 1.5D– 1,131,936
- Nissan Terrano XV 110PS 1.5D – 1,214,862
- Nissan Terrano XV Premium 110PS 1.5D– 1,244,820
(All prices are ex showroom, Chennai)
The new Nissan Terrano, which is essentially a re-skinned Renault Duster, is powered by the same motors that power other Renault-Nissan cars in the country. However, as we discovered when testing the latest Nissan, there is more to the new car than being another product of badge-engineering.
As must be obvious to you, the major chunk of bookings come from the diesel variant. The diesel engine on duty is the same 1.5 litre K9K oil burner that powers the Duster, the Pulse, et al.
Akin to the Duster, the engine is available in two states of tune- 85PS and 110PS. The petrol variant is powered by a 1.6 litre petrol engine, which has a max power of 104PS and comes mated to a 5 speed manual ‘box. While the 85PS version of this diesel engine too comes mated to a 5 speed manual transmission, the 110PS motor gets a 6 speed manual gearbox.
Nissan Terrano Variants
The new Nissan Terrano has been launched in three trim levels- XE, XL and XV
- The XE gets driver side airbag, power windows and a multi-information display.
- The XL also gets ABS, EBD and Brake Assist, music system and foglights.
- The XV additionally gets dual airbags, ABS, EBD, 16-inch alloy wheels, reverse parking sensors, rear AC and leather seats.
It seems like the feature laden Nissan Terrano has struck a right chord with the car buying lot and we won’t be surprised it the new car soon becomes a force to reckon with.