We reported in detail when Austrian bike maker KTM recently unveiled the new RC 390 race bike for the ADAC Junior Cup one make championship. The new bike, as the name suggests, is based on the recently launched 390 Duke but has a styling that is inspired by the RC8.
The RC 390’s tail end though, seems to be inspired by that of the KTM Super Duke 1290. What with the exposed frame at the rear?
The new bike has been especially developed for the new “ADAC Junior Cup”, which will be introduced at the 2013 MotoGP of Germany at the Sachsenring. The one make series will have RC 390 as the sole machine for at least a couple of years.
The primary objective of the new RC 390 Cup is to provide budding bike racers an opportunity to harness their talent. KTM says that the new RC 390 is high on ride-ability, reliability and has service-friendly features.
The RC 390 gets 38hp of max power for the racing championship. It is being said that the bike would soon spawn a road going version that has very good chances of making it to developing bike markets like that of India. The speculated bike, very much like the 390 Duke, might go on sale at a really attractive price point.
Go to next page for images and specs
KTM RC 390 specs-
- Displacement 373.2 cc
- Power Cup version approx 38 hp
- Fuel System Bosch EFI (throttle valve 46 mm)
- Control 4 V / DOHC
- Engine Lubrication Wet sump system
- Cooling system liquid
- Clutch mechanical multi-disc clutch in oil bath
- Engine management Bosch EMS
- Frame Steel tube frame, powder coated
- Front suspension WP-USD Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension WP-Monoshock
- Brake system front Four-piston brake caliper, radially symmetric sealed-off rim brake, brake disc Ø 300 mm
- Rear brake Single-piston brake caliper, floating caliper brake, brake disc Ø 230 mm
- Wheels front / rear Cast aluminum wheels 3.00 x 17 “, 4.00 x 17″
- Front / rear tires 110/70 ZR 17, 150/60 ZR 17
- Silencers Akrapovic titanium silencer with regulated catalytic converter
- Steering head angle 66.5 °
- Wheelbase 1340 + / -15 mm
- Seat Height 850 mm (33.5 inches)
- Fuel tank capacity about 9.5 liters (2.5 gallons)
- Weight about 130 kg (286 lb.)