The new 2015 GMC Canyon has made its public debut at the NAIAS 2014 and seen here are some images, a video and details of the new vehicle. CLICK HERE For the Most Comprehensive LIVE coverage of the NAIAS (Detroit Motor Show)
New 2015 GMC Canyon Video:
The new 2015 GMC Canyon takes plenty of inspiration for its styling from the GMC Sierra. It sports a bold front fascia that features a big front grille, projector headlamps and a lot of chrome! At the rear end, the car has a CornerStep bumper and attractive taillights. The car will be available with a new All-Terrain package that consists of a slightly different grille, a re-tuned suspension and 17-inch aluminum wheels shod with all-terrain tires.
On the inside, the car seems to have taken plenty of inspiration from Chevrolet Colorado and features of a center console-mounted gear shifter and a 4.2-inch driver information display. Optional extras include heated leather seats, an infotainment system, a Wi-Fi hotspot and a variety of safety systems including forward collision alert and a lane departure warning system.
The new 2015 GMC Canyon will go on sale with as many as three engine options-
- A 2.5-liter four-cylinder motor that has a max power of 193 bhp (146 kW) and peak torque of 184 lb-ft (253 Nm)
- A 3.6-liter V6 that has a max power of 302 bhp (224 kW) and peak torque of 270 lb-ft (366 Nm)
- A 2.8-liter Duramax turbodiesel engine, which the manufacturer says, will have “even greater capability.”
The 2015 Canyon will come in three body variants-
- An extended cab model with a six-foot bed
- A crew cab model with a five-foot bed
- A crew cab model with a six-foot bed