Honda has changed it’s game in India after making a Jazzy error. The introduction of a diesel engine, launching a small car and a budget sedan has helped sales numbers big time, so much so, it is close to being the third largest car maker in India. Honda is about to write a new script, as it will be launching it’s Mobilio MPV today. The New 2014 Honda Mobilio is a brilliant product which can seat 7 and carry them around in refined comfort with style (Read our review here). Will Honda price it right? Will it be neck-n-neck with the Ertiga? or Will it be priced in the same bracket as the Innova?
We are the launch event in Delhi and this post will be updated with all the information, Live!
The Event has begun with Mr Yoshiyuki Matsumoto, Managing Officer, Honda Motor Company,and Representative of Development, Purchasing and Production in Asia and Oceania region taking center stage.He said, “Honda has vast experience in offering a variety of premium MPV’s to customers globally. Drawing from this varied experience, Honda engineers have used the same technological know-how that goes in building the Odyssey and the Freed to develop the Mobilio.”
Mr Hironori Kanayama, President & CEO- Honda Cars India Ltd said, “The launch of Honda Mobilio follows the success of the Honda Amaze and the New-City which led to exceptional growth in the previous financial year.Our ultimate goal is to be the most trusted company in the country, offer great products and an unparalleled experience.He further added that Honda has plans to increase annual sales to 300,000 cars by 2017.
Mr Junichi Teraoka, Honda R&D, Asia Pacific informs how the inspiration to design the Mobilio came from the Honda Jet and how the design is based on their “Man maximum, Machine minimum” philosophy. Mr. Gyaneshwar Sen, Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Sales took the stage to explain the Mobilio will be targeted at the family oriented person who likes to carry himself and his world in style. Honda met about two and a half thousand people to understand their needs and aspirations from a car and from that feedback have tried to embed, great style, a fuel-efficient engine, space, comfort and features in a smartly priced package. The tagline for the Mobilio is “Apne liye, Apno ke liye”, which sounds just right for the product.
Here’s a video that explains the purpose this car serves.
Prices have been announced, four variants of the Diesel will be available and three for the petrol. (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Petrol (E) :- 6,49,000
- Petrol (S) :- 7,50,900
- Petrol (V):- 8,76,900.
- Diesel (E) :- 7,89,000.
- Diesel (S) :- 8,60,000
- Diesel (V) :- 9,76,000.
- Diesel (RS) :- 10,86,000.
- E variant gets chrome front grille, ABS with EBD (Diesel Only), 2nd and 3rd row reclining seats, Manual Air-conditioning, Tilt adjuster and a high mounted LED stop lamp.
- S Variant gets an integrated 2 DIN audio system, rear AC vents, driver seat height adjuster, rear defogger, keyless entry, body coloured ORVM and outside door handles.
- V Variant gets driver and passenger side airbags, 10 spoke alloys, 2nd row sliding, rear wiper and washer, front fog lamps, security alarm, two tone interior with 2nd row center arm rest.
- RS Variant comes in diesel only option, projector headlamps with LED positioning lamps,Sporty front and rear bumpers with a different grille, stylish new alloy design, a sporty tailgate spoiler, chrome door handles and retractable ORVM with turn indicators. Will be launched in September in an exclusive Pearl Black shade.
- Car will be available in seven shades: Brilliant Gold Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Carnelian Red Pearl, Majestic Blue Metallic, Tafetta White, Urban Titanium and the Pearl Black exclusively for the RS version.